Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

944 brakes on a 914

What ever happened to the 944 brake install on the 914?
Old 09-17-1999, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to paulhagedorn
I guess the discussion kind of died. I know that 85.5 944 brakes won't fit with the Fuchs alloy wheels. I tried it, and even shaved the 944 brakes a little, but it still caught on the wheel. They did fit under my American Racing wheels, though. If I go Autocrossing and change my wheels, I might consider swapping out the front brakes for the event.

I do think it would work, though. The piston in the 944 brake is huge and deep. I don't think there would be the possibility of the piston popping out.

Anyways, I haven't done it because I like the Fuchs wheels a lot better than the American Racing wheels that I have.

Paul
Old 09-18-1999, 08:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Hey! Nice Rack! "Celette"

Garage
Paul, Do you have the 5 bolt conversion? And would wheel spacers allow the clearance needed? Is the interference with the rim or the back side of the wheel center?
Old 09-18-1999, 09:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: