Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

What wheel is this....

Stumbled upon a 914 with these wheels....I found only one picture online and there was not any information defining who made these and what name they may go by. If anyone can shed some light I would be most appreciative. Thanks

Old 02-24-2018, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
yuck!
Old 02-26-2018, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

yuck...strange name, could I ask if that was the name of the maker or the series/design of the wheel? LOL I also have seen many wheels out there that given a choice, I'd rather eat an onion instead...

I asked the guy who owned the car and his reply was...'were on there when I bought it' now Carbster09, you know you really want these for yourself.....you just trying to talk them down for a better price.....
Old 02-26-2018, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
If I remember right Western Wheel had something like that. Really a VW wheel.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 02-27-2018, 06:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
looks similar to the first generation toyota celica supra wheel. perhaps a knockoff of that..
Old 02-27-2018, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

thanks for the replies....seems to have stymied a few forums...was told of the car for sale locally, center caps missing and would need replaced till other wheels could be located.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

'70-'77 Toyota Celica wheel on 914 hubs redrilled from 4x130 to 4114.3

Last edited by JimmyT; 03-08-2018 at 07:41 AM..
Old 02-28-2018, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
I wonder what the bolt pattern is on the wheels in the first post? It is possible to re-drill the 914 hubs for patterns other than 4x130mm...

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 03-01-2018, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Jimmy, those seem to be the closest wheel yet to what I have picture. Still confusing on the bolt pattern though as these are 4 x 130 as is stock on the 914 and there is no signs of plugging/welding of the wheel and the ribs within the dish are not present on the ones I pictured. It would seem that the company that made these for the Toyota may have did a slight alteration to the inner dish and marketed these for other cars. Something to consider for sure. I appreciate the reply and the pictures. I am now off to see if that Celica wheel was offered in a smooth dish....many thanks....
Old 03-13-2018, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

well, I am back...while the wheel looks close, the Celica wheel has a raised portion in the center of the hub for bolting on the center cap and are of 14 inch variety not 15 as the 914.....plus...they offered one in a smooth dish but again with the raised portion for the bolt on cap...but as stated....closet to it yet...slowing whittling it down maybe...wish I could have taken one of them and dismounted a tire...possibly the data is on the inner portion of the rim.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave at Pelican Parts View Post
I wonder what the bolt pattern is on the wheels in the first post? It is possible to re-drill the 914 hubs for patterns other than 4x130mm...

--DD
the pattern of the wheel I posted is the 4 x 130...many wheels are redrilled for another pattern and if it is also a four lug...then you end up with two application and you can plug the pattern not in use.

I am certain that these wheels were a variant for the super beetle...just wound up on the 914 somewhere in the past.....man was clueless to the maker...
Old 03-15-2018, 10:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Try asking on the Samba; there are some very knowledgeable Bug folk over there.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 03-16-2018, 03:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: