Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

70 914-6 restoration

Need your help! We are currently restoring a 914-6 to stock that my dad originally purchased in 1970 and looking for info and hopefully pictures of the original matte Black finish of the front and rear metal valances under the bumpers and the side rock guards that go under the doors around the jack holes. The car was painted along the way in the 80s and the original finish is long gone. I recall they originally had some texture but can't recall what is correct. the 2 pictures attached below is texture from 911s at Peterson Museum and the third is a 1972 picture of the actual car being restored.

Anyone know or have pictures of the original textured finish for the matte black valances for a 70ish 914 or 6? Thanks in advance & greatly appreciated!!!

RJ

Last edited by owutfun; 05-15-2018 at 05:02 PM..
Old 05-15-2018, 11:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Slippery Slope Expert

Garage
I owned a ‘70 914-6 (9140430225) when they were new and mine had no texture on the FB panels, front, rear, or sides. Just relatively smooth flat black. I repainted these flat black with regular rattle can FB during the course of the 18 years I had the car. Definitely no ripple effect as on the tucked under panels on newer cars.

(I throw that VIN in every chance I get, hoping someone will recognize it and I can find out where the car is now. “Returned to the earth” is my guess, but one can always hope!)
Old 05-16-2018, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered?

Garage
Does the car have the original motor? I am in the process of rebuilding a '70 914-6 motor #6404534.
R Gruppe #787
70T Ex-Waterlogged Rust Bucket
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/519605-waterlogged-rust-bucket.html
Old 05-16-2018, 03:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks for info. I have the original motor but meeting with a guy Friday with a 6 missing orignal... long shot but one never knows!

Funny some folks say smooth and I have some say slight texture on early 914 and 914-6... funny how the details can haunt!
Old 05-17-2018, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: