Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

oil pump

I need a engine oil pump for my 914 2.0 engine . Porsche does not supply them any more and I am scared to buy a used one (as bad as the one I have). I was wondering If any of you guys have used the type three pump that is modified for the type 4. They have 33mm gears and all that and was wondering if any one had used one. how did it do and did it supply oil pressure as the old one.
Thanks guys
Old 05-27-2018, 10:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Puny Bird

Type 1 26mm shadeck made for the type 1 flat 3 bolt cam is the one I use.
You have to cut the body drive boss (nose) down a bit so it doesn't hit the T4 cam and press the drive shaft so it engages the cam drive slot correctly.
I only use steel pump covers, if using the the stock oil filter location you can still use a full flow steel cover by plugging the cover outlet.

33mm and 30mm pumps are too big, unless you use a pressure relief cover.
Steel body pumps like the melling are junk, they have a different expansion rate than the alunimum case.

Type 3 is a type 1 engine, just the cooling system configuration is different.
Not putting miles on your car is like not having sex with your girlfriend, so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: