Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 914 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

914-6 GT oil console spacer

FS 914-6 GT oil console to oil tank spacer, patterned off original 901 107 243 00. If you are recreating the oiling system for a GT or replica this spacer is required. $105. including shipping to con. US. PM for PayPal info please.

Old 06-22-2016, 10:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I have a 914/6 conversion and am wondering what this component's purpose is? Does it allow for the attachment of an external oil cooler or some other feature?

Thanks!
Brent
Old 06-24-2016, 07:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

914-6 GT oil console spacer

Brent,
On a 914-6 GT oil system there is a "console" that attaches to the dry sump oil tank where the oil filter is located on a stock six. This spacer is necessary for clearance between the tank and console. The console is distributes oil within the system including the front oil cooler. The oil filter is then attached to the console. Hope this helps.
Old 06-25-2016, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
formerly dug@project914

@wertygrog - Before you need buy this part, you first need to find a very rare 911S oil filter console. Average price is near $1000, but even then they are hard to find. The rest of the parts necessary to put together a factory GT oil cooling system will cost thousands more on top of that. If you just want a front oil cooler, Mocal makes a good thermostat adapter that fits in between the filter and the tank, or a separate oil thermostat, or Elephant racing has a complete setup that while pricey is still a lot cheaper than going down this rabbit hole, believe me I've been working on a GT oil setup for 7 years, and have only just completed the setup, minus one special oil line.

@duktail - I PM'd you questions after seeing your 914world post and I haven't heard back.

cheers,
dug
Old 06-26-2016, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Dug,
You are correct on all accounts. This part was made to assist those individuals trying to reproduce the GT oil "plumbing" and not for the guy just adding a front cooler.

I obviously don't visit sites often enough, I will check and reply to your PM.

Thanks,
Barry
Old 06-27-2016, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

914-6 oil console spacer

Only one left. Thanks to those who purchased and PM'd complements on part.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: