Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1990 s2 exterior lights are off on passenger side

Help! Any idea what’s going on?

​​​​​​​my passenger side side markers, tail light are not working. Driver side turns on but passenger side is off.

fuse 41 keeps blowing out. I took out both side markers and tail lights and made sure all terminals are connected and bulbs are good.

I only see 2 grounds - one at tail light and one in the front driver side. Both are cleaned.

Also, my driver side fog light is off and under hood light is off.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Look at the wiring and sockets for something causing the fuse to blow like a cracked socket or frayed wire insulation.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks. Nothing so far. I cleaned all the light connectors for fog, signal and side marker lights. Wires look good.

There is no brake light when I step on the brake pedal. Passenger lights are still off.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djantlive View Post
Thanks. Nothing so far. I cleaned all the light connectors for fog, signal and side marker lights. Wires look good.

There is no brake light when I step on the brake pedal. Passenger lights are still off.
Brake pedal switch?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2018, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

When the brake pedal switch fail, does it affect tail light when I turn on the head light? My left tail light is on with parking light.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djantlive View Post
When the brake pedal switch fail, does it affect tail light when I turn on the head light? My left tail light is on with parking light.
I'm not sure but you said no brake lights so I'd check that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2018, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Could it be the head light switch?

All corners of the signal and tail light work with hazard light on

Tail light does light up under braking now
Old 08-09-2018, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
If the key is off and turn signal lever is engaged the parking lights on that side should light, too.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Check the loom as it runs across the spare tire well.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

One parking light is not getting power. Using a circuit tracer, the harness appears to hv connectivity back to fuse box. Any idea why power is not going to that light?
Old 08-20-2018, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: