Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Throttle cable and pedal problems

Hey all,

I have been wondering for some time why my throttle cable has so much slack, even when it is adjusted all the way tight. I just figured it out, but I need some help trying to fix it.

My throttle pedal linkage is bent, and I am missing the nylon bushing that acts as a stop at the very top of the linkage. This allows my throttle pedal to sit too high, adds a lot of dead travel and too much slack on the cable. Problem is- I cant get a part ID on the nylon bushing because its not in the PET, can anyone help me out?

Its the white bushing near the top of the attached image.
https://instagram.com/bradical924/
Old 09-12-2018, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I squeezed back there with a caliper and ordered a generic nylon bushing that I think should work. This stop is welded to the body and for some reason isnt included in the PET drawing of the throttle pedal system. The top of my pedal linkage is bent so that it clears this stop entirely- not sure how that would have happened.
https://instagram.com/bradical924/
Old 09-13-2018, 04:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
You know, in size and material, that looks remarkably like those little porus nylon fuel filter elements used in 2-cycle weed eater engines. One of those might work.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: