Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
924S sunroof and radio inoperable

Hello all,

So as the title states, my radio and sunroof retractor do not work. The radio will not power on at all, and the sunroof will go up and down, but the slides will not go in so that I am able to completely remove the sunroof. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check? The radio not working is kind of a bummer, but at least the car is so fun and sounds so good that I hardly think about it. It would be nice to have a radio for long distance travel. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
John

Old 10-15-2018, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Owners manual instructions
Old 10-15-2018, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry hard to read first one
Old 10-15-2018, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
With key on open sunroof. Switch ignition to accessory position to retract arms. Or refer to Clark's Garage for further directions
Old 10-15-2018, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Hey Dave, thanks for the quick response. I tried pushing the button forward with the key in accessory, that was my issue! I should have read the manual. Now I know to push it backwards . I will give it a try after work.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Do your brake lights work? There is an accessory relay that should be behind the center console / radio, sort of loose and separate from the central electric panel. If that relay is not working or missing the radio won’t come on. If the fuse for that relay is blown, your radio won’t come on and your brake lights won’t work either. (On the 924S at least)
https://instagram.com/bradical924/
Old 10-17-2018, 04:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
My brake lights do in fact work, so I am thinking there may be some kind of wiring at fault. It has an aftermarket pioneer radio installed, so I may have to go in there with a multimeter and start troubleshooting.

Old 10-22-2018, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: