Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Parking Brake Shoes

I am changing my rotors today and am finding a few more things that need to be done like re-packing bearings and I need to order new front bearing seals etc. I was thinking of ordering some new Parking Brake Shoes and noticed I can get German ones for less than the Textar ones? Which is better? Or should I get something else altogether?
This is on my 1988 Porsche 924S.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Rear Caliper Plunger Question?

This is how my Left Rear Plunger has rotated the directions show two ways for it to be. My caliper is to the rear such that disc rotation is moving up going forward. I set it to Zero but the directions show one set to 20' degrees cw of Zero. Does anyone know which it should be?
Old 10-20-2018, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Found this: 924Board.org :: View topic - How To Rebuild Calipers
Old 10-22-2018, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
curtisr

Garage
As for the better of the two brake shoes, I don't think it will matter. You'll in all likelihood never use them other than for parking.
1987 924s Garnet Red
1982 928 Silver (sold)
Old 10-23-2018, 06:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Yeah, the German shoes came and it was a good thing I found info on them elsewhere that they need grinding (Narrowing) to fit the Porsche adjusters.
The old ones:

New German Shoes were painted after I ground them a little more narrow with an angle grinder to fit the adjusters.

Everything went well with there rest of the work on the driver's side, including finishing up the Left front and the Left rear and bleeding. Next the other side of the car.

Last edited by Danwvw; 10-24-2018 at 08:56 PM..
Old 10-23-2018, 09:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: