Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

968 Boxster seats into my 924S (done)

First of all thanks for all the help on previous threads on this topic (and older threads that talk about it). I initially wanted to put 987 Boxster seats into the car, but looked like there were a few reasons that it would be a very difficult fit, both in terms of physical fit and electrical hookup.

So I settled and got some really nice 986 seats on ebay (for cheap) - recently recovered with very nice, soft leather (the leather is soft, the seats are VERY firm actually). They came almost totally disassembled so it took me a couple hours to figure out how to put them back together (not as simple as a pivot bolt, haha).

Anyhow, following the previous how-to's on this I ground down the "nub" on the rail and flattened the front "feet." After testing I found that the center bar (to adjust height) actually has enough clearance for the seat to slide just fine, so I didn't take it off like some people do.

Hooked up power and it works fine. Definitely more bolstering than my 924S stock seats , though I'm not sure yet if I think these are very comfortable. IDK what it is, but I have yet to sit in an (older) Porsche seat that I find all that comfortable. Guess we'll see if these break-in. They do look nice though

Old 11-30-2018, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Wow, looks nice. I may want to try that too! They look much more supportive than my stock 944 seats.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2018, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Also, in case anyone cares here's confirmation that the Boxter seat switches clear the ebrake with room to spare

Old 12-02-2018, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
GO AWAY! Stay in Cali

Garage
Looks great! Now I'm jealous. How much for the seats$$$??
Old 12-05-2018, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Politically Incorrect

Now you have leftover Porsche 924S seats...

Santawife got me a set of Corbeau A4's a few years ago, and I needed some new office chairs, so:

Old 12-05-2018, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
928 S4 seats in my 924S very comfortable.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swennydawg View Post
Looks great! Now I'm jealous. How much for the seats$$$??
The Boxster seats I got off ebay for about $500 shipped - the reupholstering is almost brand-new and very nice. They still smell like new leather It was a nice find, for sure. there are a lot of 986 Boxster seats on ebay for pretty low prices, really.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onZedge View Post
Now you have leftover Porsche 924S seats...

Santawife got me a set of Corbeau A4's a few years ago, and I needed some new office chairs, so:

That is awesome. Dammit it's a shame the government would not take kindly to me disassembling the stupidly-expensive chair I have at work, and I have no home office
Old 12-05-2018, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Politically Incorrect

You don't really need a donor chair - echairparts dot com has good selection, prices, and free shipping.

T3001 is the mechanism I used because it has seat angle control. Most office chairs have a relatively flat seat, whereas most car seats are angled and much thicker at the front.

GC-ee35 is the lift cylinder I used because it is short. Most office chairs have a thin seat, whereas a car seat is much thicker so a standard 5" cylinder sets the seat too high - even when fully compressed.

I scrounged the arms and base with casters from an old office chair, although you can purchase those as well.

As far as the platform between the actual seat and mechanism, I used a piece of high quality 3/4" plywood and bolted it all together using bolts and t-nuts.

(my co-workers are jealous)

Last edited by onZedge; 12-06-2018 at 06:06 PM..
Old 12-06-2018, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: