Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to TheCooler
Something wierd I found...

Ok when I took apart my center console for the first time I found something weird. I found this radar detector or something right under the shifter. It was screwed in too. Its greenish and says "Alpine Radar Detector" with some other warning poop. Im sure this isnt stock since it had some 1990s date on it. So any of you guys know what it could be. Its about 2 by 3 and has wires going back towards the stereo and stuff. I dont have an Alpine stereo either, its a JVC. Also theres this little switch that fell out of the drivers side of the center console that doesnt seem to do anything. Im seriously just going to end up taking the whole inside of the car one weekend.

-2007 Ford PIMP(free)star ...company car....
-1999.5 Jetta VR6
Old 03-12-2003, 08:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to stray15
that is the thing that makes the car stealth. let me guess your car is black? you flip the switch and you dissappear, its pretty neat and only available with the black cars

WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?

oh, wait, thats 924S-Fast's job to say stupid stuff

On a serious note, I would try to hook it up and speed around and see if it works. That can be your not guilty plea when you are in court, "i was trying to see if it worked your honor"

Old 03-12-2003, 09:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to TheCooler
Nah, Im looking for info on it. As far as I can tell ...Alpine never made a radar detector. Wierd eh?
-2007 Ford PIMP(free)star ...company car....
-1999.5 Jetta VR6
Old 03-12-2003, 09:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Alpine makes a radar detecting system.... for their alarm units.

but it refers to the scanners that are out there that try and decipher your alarm. Not the radar guns the cops use.
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 03-12-2003, 11:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Got any pics? Post them.
928 OC member
PCA member
Old 03-13-2003, 12:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Once upon a time, long, long, ago, when radar detectors were illegal in a lot of states, some the the detector companies made two piece radar detectors, so the cop couldn't see it on your dash. A small receiver fit behind the grill, and the control box was mounted inside (usually under the dash). I have no idea why, in your case, it is wired to the radio.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
Quote:
Originally posted by stray15
that is the thing that makes the car stealth. let me guess your car is black? you flip the switch and you dissappear, its pretty neat and only available with the black cars

WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?

oh, wait, thats 924S-Fast's job to say stupid stuff

On a serious note, I would try to hook it up and speed around and see if it works. That can be your not guilty plea when you are in court, "i was trying to see if it worked your honor"

NO! he snaps his finger in front of his chest and asks," Can ya see me?".. just like BUrt from "soap"..

Warning poop, is bad.. what next?...

Sounds like the P.O.had a de-scrambler so the cops wouldn't know he had a radar device on board... old technology.. remove it... but they were cool in their day...
Old 03-13-2003, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to 944S Boyeee
Burt from Soap.........

I'm pooping from laughing!!

944S Boyeee
Old 03-13-2003, 08:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
he was the kramer of the 70's... whew he was amazing..

Old 03-13-2003, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: