Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Windshield Washer Pump and Tank Connections

I had to buy a new windshield washer pump, connections for tank, and hoses, can anyone tell me which hose goes from the T connection/L connection to what on the pump (B/D) and also which of the two hoses that go into the tank, do I install the one way valve at the bottom please?
Old 01-31-2019, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
What car do you have?
Old 01-31-2019, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

1987 Porsche 924S
Old 01-31-2019, 12:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Did you get your problem worked out? I have a 1988 924s. I took pictures but can't seen to get them off my phone to my computer to send them. If you will PM me you telephone number I can text them to you.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
In my 944 I don’t connect the T junction. I have the L junction to the pump and the other pump tube to the windscreen (easy trial and error as 50/50 chance).
I did have to suck the water through the tube to the motor to prime the pump and get rid of the air lock. Once this was done it worked fine.
Question, what is the T junction for?
Old 02-12-2019, 11:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHP231 View Post
In my 944 I donít connect the T junction. I have the L junction to the pump and the other pump tube to the windscreen (easy trial and error as 50/50 chance).
I did have to suck the water through the tube to the motor to prime the pump and get rid of the air lock. Once this was done it worked fine.
Question, what is the T junction for?
The t-junction, i'm pretty sure, is a pressure bypass. If your nozzles are frozen, it allows the fluid to go back to the tank, instead of destroying the pump motor.

At least, that is the only reason i can think of.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: