Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
$15 Porsche!!!!

A New Porsche!

A fifteen year-old boy came home with a late-model
Porsche and his parents began to yell and scream, "Where did you get that car???!!!"

He calmly told them, "I bought it today."

"With what money?" demanded his parents. "We know what a Porsche costs."

"Well," said the boy, "this one cost me fifteen dollars."

So the parents began to yell even louder. "Who would sell a car
like that for fifteen dollars?" they said.

"It was the lady up the street," said the boy." I don't know her name---they just moved in. She saw me ride past on my bike and asked me if I wanted to buy a Porsche for fifteen dollars."

"Oh, Mercy," moaned the mother, "she must be a child abuser.
Who knows what she will do next? John, you go right up there and see what's going on."

So the boy's father walked up the street to the house where the
lady lived and found her out in the yard calmly planting petunias!

He introduced himself as the father of the boy to whom she had
sold a Porsche for fifteen dollars and demanded to know why she
did it.

"Well," she said, "this morning I got a phone call from my husband. I thought he was on a business trip, but it seems he has run off to Hawaii with his secretary and doesn't intend to come back.

He asked me to sell his new Porsche and send him the money. So I did."

New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 03-17-2003, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I always here about these stories, they never happen to me though.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 03-17-2003, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Yeah!

The last time I was fifteen the newly single woman down the street had "other" ideas!!!!
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 03-17-2003, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

that never happened to me either...

though there was this one time with the neighbor........

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 03-17-2003, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Ornery Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by AFJuvat
I always here about these stories, they never happen to me though.

AFJuvat
Yeah, at best you end up with a car that the wife bought with her ex's alimony because "he'd always wanted a red Porsche" and she wanted to rub his face in it.

Problem with that is when you buy that car from the ex-wife (at a pretty good price actually) you find out that the car hasn't been loved for several years.

(Also, you find out that the PS rack is dead, the A/C is dead, the air pump doesn't work, the right front tire has a damaged sidewall and goes flat spontaneously, etc.)

I still love my car though. I'm bringing it back.

Aaron
Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen)
White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei)
Old 03-17-2003, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Actually, if you remember, my 944 was the victum of a nasty divorce - seems the wife needed quick cash and gave the car away for slightly more than $15. This car even has an all Alpine stereo which cost her husband over $4000. Although, like AaronM said, the joke may actually have been on me, as I'm about $3000 in engine improvements and repairs, as the good doctor (her husband) wasn't too keen on maintenance. Although it was money well spent, as this thing is a blast to drive.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Heard that story, or one similar, 10 years ago. Took place in Chicago area. 911 I believe.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Years ago I bought my soon to be 'ex' I new car to ease my guilt. A few years later she called to say she was selling it and if I wanted it she would give me a deal on it.

I told her I bought and paid for that car once already...why would I want to buy it twice!!??

Early '85 944
Old 03-17-2003, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Secretay got screwed and so did the husband.

I heard this story years ago only it was a Beracuda with a hemi motor. I always thought is was an urban legend.

81 924 N/A

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Old 03-18-2003, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Trevor
Friend of my granddads, similar story, got the idea from a commercial. Car was a Mercedes 600Sl, $500
2001 Taurus noooooooooooooo!
1993 325is
Old 03-18-2003, 05:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

HEY carsontc - that's funny!

Now, tell us, did you buy the car from her (maybe just worked out the price in trade???)
Old 03-19-2003, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

No.

I am true to my 944.

Take care of her and she takes care of you.

Early '85 944
Old 03-19-2003, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
I actually purchased mine for my now ex 5 years ago. She didnt want it. I think that's why she's gone...lol

88 924S Guards/ Black ~ 10 years as a Daily Driver and STILL SMILING!
87 NA Diamond Blue Metallic ~ Gone
Old 03-19-2003, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to 924S-fast
oh man, those stories DO HAPPEN!
My uncle lives next door to this old widdow that was cleaning out her house and her garage. (she hasnt gone out to the garage since her husband died a year ago.) Well, to make a long story short, she just was DYING to get rid of the BRIGHT RED 64' corvair out in the garage. My uncle gave her 1,000 for it and he still has it to this day. It's his $1,000 pride and joy!
Old 03-20-2003, 06:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
The "send my cheating husband the money" story IS an urban legend (there was an urban legend show on TLC that covered it... it was sort of the precursor to that MTV show). This story might have happened somewhere, but it more than likely did not for a number of reasons; for example, if the woman sent the husband $15 dollars for the Porsche, he could easily assume that she sold it for much more and pocketed the difference.

Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 03-20-2003, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: