Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Lone Star 912 March Roundup

Lone Star 912 March Roundup Newsletter
3/22/03

Hello fellow 912ers and friends,

This coming Saturday, March 22nd, is the date for our second Lone Star Roundup. We have some different things planned this time and hope for a good showing. Below I have everything you should need to know before hand. If you have more questions or need any help finding the place, feel free to call me on my mobile phone at (512) 422-0234 or e-mail me at morrie_larson@hotmail.com.

Here are the Details:

When: Saturday, March 22nd, 2003 9am - 7pm.
Where: Austin, Texas
Cost: Nothing but your gas and meals!

(Remember that you donˇ¦t need to have a running car or even a 912. Just bring your P car if you can or just come out and join the fun!)

ˇ§Roughˇ¨ Schedule:

„« 9:00 am ˇV 10:00 am: Arrivals in Cedar Park at my house, same location as January. Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Juice, and Doughnuts will be provided.

„« 10:00 am ˇV 11:00 am: Tech session. We will be looking at the details of fine tuning your carbs and timing, and how well different tools work. Weˇ¦ll be evaluating different timing lights portable tachs and looking at Unisyn vs. Syncronometer for balancing carbs. Bring your tools so we can compare and try and determine what ˇ§works bestˇ¨.

„« 11:00 am - 11:30 am: Photo session. We will be working to have the local newspaper there at that point so do your best to arrive before 11am.

„« 11:30 am - 12:00 pm: We will be making a run out into the hill country for lunch. Weˇ¦ll be eating at ˇ§Shadesˇ¨ on the lake (literally, the place floats) for burgers and socializing.

„« 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm: Lunch at Shades, socializing and visiting.

„« 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm: Weˇ¦ll be driving out into the hill country. We will be stopping at the Oasis for a fabulous view of the lake, Visiting Mansfield Dam, and the Loop 360 Bridge with a beautiful view down Lake Austin to Downtown.

„« 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm: Weˇ¦ll drive south and plan to be at the Albertsonˇ¦s informal car show around 5:30 pm, with an option to stop for a light dinner.

„« 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm: join the folks at the car show. When I have been there it has been quite impressive with cars ranging from late model import tuners to turn of the century antiques.

From there weˇ¦ll disband and go our separate ways. Along the way we will be having drawings for some prizes which will include:
„« (2) 1 year gift subscriptions to 9 Magazine
„« (2) Lone Star 912 Window Decals
„« Numerous official copies of the 912 Registry newsletter
„« Numerous sample copies of the 1st anniversary edition of 9 Magazine.
„« More items to be announced that day.

As with the first meet, I will prepare a picture CD for all attendees, which will contain all the pictures donated by participants.

Directions to Morrieˇ¦s house in Cedar Park (Starting Point)

„« From IH 35 take FM1431/Chandler Road Exit #256.
„« Head west on FM1431 approximately 10 miles to the intersection of RM1431 and State Highway 183.
„« Continue west on FM1431, also referred to as Whitestone Blvd. To the SECOND Stoplight, which is Lakeline Blvd.
„« Turn RIGHT on Lakeline Blvd and proceed to the 4th intersection, where you will turn RIGHT on Highland Drive.
„« Proceed to the second intersection and turn LEFT on Highland Court. Proceed to the end of the Cul De Sac and look for House #1607. You have arrived.

If you prefer to use Mapquest or some other method, here is the address:
1607 Highland Court
Cedar Park, TX 78613

If you should have any difficulties (break down), will be arriving late, or have problems finding the place, just call me at 512-422-0234 and we will do our best to help you out!

If you have not sent me your RSVP e-mail yet, please do so before Friday so I can make sure to have enough doughnuts! RSVP to my e-mail above.

Keep the Faith fellow 912ers and friends! Hope to see you all soon!

Morrie Larson
Regional Coordinator
Lone Star 912
Old 03-18-2003, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: