Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Fuel Pressure Testing?

Where have you guys found the proper adapter to screw into the fuel rail to use a modern fuel pressure gauge? I can't find a gauge in the proper metric size. I believe that I need an adaptor to fit the kind of fuel pressure gauge that it sold by Pep Boys, Advance Auto, etc.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2003, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I just get a hose that goes over the threads and clamp the heck out of it.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 03-18-2003, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks SoCal - I was thinking of using that as my method of last resort, as I haven't been able to find an adaptor anywhere, even though the Haynes manual show one. I guess I'll just keep a fire extinguisher nearby. Maybe it would be a good idea to back the car out of the garage!!! Again, thanks for the reply.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I did what SoCal suggested and it worked fine. I tried to buy a fuel pressure gauge kit and they wanted $45, so I when to the local hydraulic hose shop and they "made" a gauge w/a hose that I slip over the threads and "clamp the heck out of it"! It cost $14.
65 CSX 427 Roadster
Old 03-19-2003, 06:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thanks GT - I should have contacted you guys first - because I did buy the gauge and then found out it wouldn't fit! Sometimes, I got's more money than smarts. Oh well, at least we're now having nice, 70 degree weather in Virginia.
Old 03-19-2003, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

T-Storms and Tornadoes are heading yo' way! Buckle down!!!
65 CSX 427 Roadster
Old 03-19-2003, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

OH GREAT!!!! I've got to go to the new Homeland Security Office in D.C. tomorrow to look at a geotechnical engineering problem. I just checked the weather after I got your note - Now I'll get drenched!!! Maybe the bombing will start tonight and they'll advise me to stay away for security reasons.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
Check out the "tools I've made" thread by yours truely. Air fittings fit on the rail.
'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Thanks Todwic - will give all of the ideas a try, starting w/ Todwic's.
Old 03-20-2003, 05:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: