Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Closed Thread

Send a message via Yahoo to 924S-fast
Results Are In!

WOW, WHAT A SURPRISE! MY RICERBOY FRIEND IN HIS 92 CAVALIER GS DID NOT KICK MY CARS ASS IN THE TWISTIES! AS YOU KNOW, HE CAME into the chat room talking **** about me and I told everybody that he wanted to race me out by Rice Lake Country club (snake road). And as you have probobly guessed, I kicked his ass. His ego was completely crushed when I was only doing 90 through the snake turns and he was 5 cars behind me. I was not even TRYING! he is such a punk.
At the very end he thought he would speed up and take a 90* turn at a a 4 way intersection at 65. Nearly skidded off the road, and in his adrenaline rush, his first reaction was to punch into first gear.
WHat a dumbass. He dropped his clutch into 1's doing around 55-60, burnt out his clutchplate and almost cried.
I WAS going to keep going home but I had a good idea. In order to give him a ride home, I made him say,"I am a ricer boy" 5 times. wow, justice prevails!
Porsche enthusiest 1/ricer boy ZIPPO!
Old 03-20-2003, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to stray15
dude, are you going to learn?

you are dumb...
Old 03-20-2003, 05:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #2 (permalink)

Garage
924S-fast: did this happen before or after this:
Quote:
Posted by 924S-fast in thread titled: "So...how fast are them there P-cars?'
I have hardly been able to drive my 924S lately. 1.dad took the keys 2. license banned for 2 months (wreckless driving).
So I dont think I will be ****ing around with my 924S for a few months. take care all!
If it happened AFTER, then let me get this straight: you are driving wrecklessly with some type of suspended license? Boy, oh boy: if you get caught again, the only thing you'll ride on that feels like it's on rails is the commuter train!

And that, my friend is why we all strongly advise people NOT to street race.
-Z-man.

Visit my homepage!
<><
Old 03-20-2003, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #3 (permalink)

As an aside, there was an article in Grassroots Motorsports magazine about racing a modern minivan against a Porsche 356 and a Jaguar XKE on a closed course track - the 356 was about a tenth of a second faster than the XKE - the minivan was 3 seconds faster than the bathtub. Shows you what modern suspensions are worth.

I would recommend that you find a safer area to race.
Old 03-20-2003, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #4 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
O.K. I've had it.
1.) You're completely full of "S"
2.) You're Totally full of "S"
3.) You're lying through whatever teeth you're father didn't knock out.
4.) You're a douche bag and shouldn't be street racing.. AT ALL!!
5.) You lie like a rug, and you suck.
6.) You're a frigging psychopath and you are dillusional.
7.) You're friend beat you and you got caught by the police (so did he) and your dad took away the keys and this is your way of justifying your existence.. you suck.
8.) You're pathetic, if you ever pull up next to me and want to race I'll drag you out of your car in broad daylight and kick your ass.
9.) You aren't old enough to drive yet and have been lying the whole time, which means you need to go to a better therapist.

Frank B
Old 03-20-2003, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #5 (permalink)

Damn,
And I was just about to ask if y'all would start a pool with me as to when he wraps that car around a telephone pole.

(Just kidding Z)
Old 03-20-2003, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #6 (permalink)

Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
Well, I do believe that a 924S would handily beat a riced-out Cavalier through tight corners...

... but street racing is a dangerous practice, where people besides the drivers of the two cars can be hurt.
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 03-20-2003, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #7 (permalink)

"RICERBOY FRIEND or RICER BOYFRIEND"???
Old 03-20-2003, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ilikemy944
Quote:
1.dad took the keys 2. license banned for 2 months (wreckless driving).
Hrmph... As little as I would like that myself, you deserved it, and I'm glad it happened...
I would have tracked you down had I been run off the road or anything in that manner when you were racing...

That is completely not smart.

Current: '86 951 Sunroof Delete - '89 951 - '83 944 Spec - '08 Cayenne Turbo
Past: '88 924S Track - '86 944 16v - '87 951 - '87 951 - '88 951S - '08 Cayman S - '87 944 Track - '93 968
Old 03-20-2003, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to JH924S
HOMO, are you retarded to get yourself in so much trouble, i had my 924S since i was 16, im 19 now and havent had one ticket or problem with the law. yah know y? because i dont street race gay cars like cavaliers or any car for that matter cus its not worth it u dousche
Old 03-20-2003, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ilikemy944
This is kind of a long post, but I think it is warranted...

I saw a nice looking 944 in a mall parking lot one day, I pulled up behind him and he took off, from the stop sign, burning rubber as he turned left then curved right again... He left some tire smoke in the air. I sat at the stop sign, wondering why. This is the kind of person, who's attitude just can not wait until off of public access roadway, that gives people like us a bad name. By 'us' I mean younger people (I'm 19) with cars that are faster and handle better than most. My insurance is fairly high. I believe it is around 160 a month for my car only. This is high enough. And if you think about it, those few who drive like idiots are the reason the insurance is that high in the first place. I had a Honda Civic, an 88 model. That was fast and fun enough to keep me entertained without doing really stupid stuff (thankfully). The insurance on that car was 60 bucks a month. Now, the 100 hit monthly comes from drivers like the in that other thread.
There are much better ways to display a car's prowess if you must do so. My way: autocross. Much safer than your road, much better, and the 25 dollar entrance fee is much better than the ticket I'm sure you got.

Think about what could have happened... Sharp bend, can't see around the trees, minivan on the way to soccer practice pulls out to make a left turn, doesn't see you, would have time to stop if you were doing 35 (assumptions on speed limits here), but instead you are cooking along at 70. Lets estimate stopping distance here. Normal driver, panics as they see you, stomps brakes. You panic, stomp brakes, because there is no way to get around without shooting off the road side. 35mph - lets say 50 feet. The amount of distance you travel moving your foot from gas to brake will be double at 70. One more estimation here... The time it takes for you to see the minivan, stopping in the road in front of you, the time it takes for your brain to process the data and then to hit the brakes will be about 1/4 of a second. At 70mph, that is almost 26 feet! Not to mention your car slows from 70 in about 160 already. So, now, you must have that 186 feet to stop your car, which you don't.

Think about that, next time the thought even starts to cross your mind to do something you shouldn't. This is the way I see it, don't do it, unless you would do it with a police car behind you.

I won't apologize for my lenghty post

Edit:
oops, was going to make a new thread :P

One More Edit:
90 mph would have made your reaction time closer to about 35 feet...

Current: '86 951 Sunroof Delete - '89 951 - '83 944 Spec - '08 Cayenne Turbo
Past: '88 924S Track - '86 944 16v - '87 951 - '87 951 - '88 951S - '08 Cayman S - '87 944 Track - '93 968

Last edited by ilikemy944; 03-20-2003 at 09:08 AM..
Old 03-20-2003, 09:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to 944freak
Jesus Christ arent we being a little tough on him. Kids will be kids and kids learn things the hard way. The more he's on the board the more he will understand what everyone is trying to tell him. I don't think name calling is quite appropriate though. I second what Z-man says.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #12 (permalink)

I think everyone is just "hazing" him in.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #13 (permalink)
least common denominator

Porsche Crest

As an attempt to put some positive spin on this thread,
1. For a very few bucks (less that any ticket) you can join the PCA and race your car (more or less) for real on a real race track.
2. Many moons ago (long before you were born) I slide across lanes and off the road in Mom's Impala station wagon, I realized that if there had been oncoming traffic I would have killed them and myself. (Dad was not amused, but only made me pay for repairs, and it was some time before I had then guts to ask either of them if I could borrow a car)
3. Your making young drivers - and 944 owners - look bad.
4. I drove my 944 by the construction shop I used to work at and the first question was "how many tickets?" I have gone past two years of ownership with no tickets, and I don't drive slow.
BTW it was fun to see the guys run out of the shop and do the jaw drop, I had no idea they would be that impressed with my little 944 beater.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #14 (permalink)

here is my 2 cents, I'm not into racing people on the streets but I do drive quite quickly. I was pulled over late last summer on my motorcycle for speeding while coming onto I-405 in Bothell WA. I thought no biggie right, I'll get a ticket.
Well, I was placed under arrest for reckless driving. It ended up costing me about $3000 dollars and 3 days of vacation to attend court hearings.
My driving record is now marked up quite a bit and my insurance will certainly go up. So think twice about driving like that or like I did.
I could have easily bought another car or bike for the money i've spent.
just being honest, Kyle.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #15 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nabeel
Welcome to Pelican, AMAF.
76K miles
color-matched fuchs

SOLD
Old 03-20-2003, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #16 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
,"I am a ricer boy" 5 times

LMAO!! WOOOHOOO!! +1 Porsche

My Gaming Forums. Xbox360gen.com

Last edited by 88_944; 03-20-2003 at 09:49 AM..
Old 03-20-2003, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Nabeel
Welcome to Pelican, AMAF.
I second that.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #18 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Trevor
Are you ever going to learn. You are making me feel so bitter for having to to sell my car. You are a redneck lying schmuck bastard. My $.02 - Trevor
2001 Taurus noooooooooooooo!
1993 325is
Old 03-20-2003, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #19 (permalink)
least common denominator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kmatts
So think twice about driving like that or like I did.
I could have easily bought another car or bike for the money i've spent.
just being honest, Kyle.
"The force is strong with this one!"
Old 03-20-2003, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #20 (permalink)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: