Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Alarm woes

I friend of mine called a moment ago from the body shop. He had his 944 in for paint. They removed mirrors, glass etc for painting. The car has been completely reassembled. He was to pick it up, but the car will not fire. The alarm goes off when he attempts to start it and it will not start. This is with the alarm key in either position. Any ideas??
Old 03-20-2003, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

they have probably incorrectly assembled\wired the alarm system (assuming this is the factory system activated by a key)

Aftermarket alarm system - god only knows

Pull it out and recheck wiring.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 03-20-2003, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Yes, it is factory alarm. We have checked all wiring. Everything seems to be correct. The alarm was working fine before the paint shop. He has another 944. We are going to swap the alarm modules tommorrow.
Old 03-20-2003, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

My book says you need a special key to turn the alarm off. Since AI don't have this key I can't turn mine on or off. Does Porsche sell em? Maybe you need one too.
Old 03-22-2003, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

No, he has key, alarm worked fine before paint shop. They removed mirrors and door panels to paint. After paint the alarm goes off when attempting to start the car, and it won't fire. Also found out last night from him, the interior lights will not go off in any position except the middle. So it looks like the door switches are not working for some reason. You might check with local locksmith to get the alarm rekeyed on your car. Thanks for the input.
Old 03-22-2003, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I'd def, start with taking it back.

If it was working before you gave it to them , its there resposnibility to fix and/or put rioght anything theyve screwed up

NotJustPorsche
Subscribe: notjustporsche-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Old 03-22-2003, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Well, it hasn't left their shop yet. It wouldn't start after reassembly. They are a little red faced about it. They have a local Porsche mechanic coming monday to sort it out. Paint looks nice anyway, now if they can just make it run again!!
Old 03-22-2003, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I don't have any kind of alarm key. The slot is there but I have no idea if it would work. It hasn't had a key as long as i've owned it. Wouldn't mind getting it working but I assume it's expensive to get running.
Old 03-23-2003, 03:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: