Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

help in troubleshooting hesitation (kinda long)

I just installed an Autometer boost gauge and air/fuel gauge. So now,back to trying to nail down the hesitation, I pressure tested the intake again. I pressurized it with a couple PSI while the crankcase line was still connected, I noticed some air leaking around where it plugs into the block. I then plugged this line at the J Boot and put 10psi to it. I noticed a good bit of air coming from the ventury tube and its hoses. I was able to pull apart the venturi, I epoxied it back together, replaced one clamp and tightened the other. No more leaks there !!! I notices a very small leak from the 'swivel' on the ReliaBoost, The CV was leaking, so now its bypassed. The only other leak was a very slight leak in the body and connector of the idle compensator. So, I put everything back together and I still have the hesitation when in 'closed loop' Not improved at all, despite fixing all but a couple of small leaks.With the meter, I can see it sweeping back and forth in closed loop.
Now heres what I have noticed....If I accel hard, it goes instantly to the 2nd or 3rd green LED rich and no hesitation...If I accel about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, just as I start to build boost, it will hesitate...stumble. I look at the gauge and its still in closed loop, the instant it drops out of closed loop, the hesitation stops.
If I put the coding plug in the DME for ROW maps, The gauge shows mid to high yellow on cruise and if I accel, goes to the same point on the rich side (2nd or 3rd green) and has no hesitation.
Heres my thought...the DME isnt dropping out of closed loop early enough. Is there anything that could cause this?
I also left the crankcase hose vent to atmosphere and plugged the J-boot as a test...no difference in point or amount of hesitation or AFM readings.
Old 03-22-2003, 01:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: