Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Gauges

Having some problems with my gauges. Fuel gauge occasionally jumps all over the place and usually sits on E and the Temp. gauge is starting to do the same. I pulled the cluster and checked the connections, when I unplugged the connector and cleaned up the terminals etc... it was ok for about a minute, then dropped back down to E. Went through and cleaned all the ground connections and cleaned the connections on the sender as well. All to no avail. Could there be anything else? Possibly the gauge?
Thanks
Old 03-23-2003, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to perfecto951
my brother has the same problem with his 87 n/a. i have no idea.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks, if I ever do find out, I will let you know
Old 03-23-2003, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
sound like a short in the fuse panel..
Old 03-23-2003, 07:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

check your grounds......bad grounds cause eratic operation.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I have heard that if you take out the gauge cluster, and remove the little football shaped pieces from the back of the cluster and clean them and the little posts they are on with Lacquer thinner and put them back on, you will get better readings from the gauges. I did it and my gauge seem to read on a wider range now. Good luck

John
Old 03-24-2003, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Thanks, I think mine is a little different though(83). There is only one connection for the whole gauge pod that the fuel gauge is in. I tried cleaning all the little connctors on there and it didn't make a difference.
I found out that there are a couple other grounds that I missed. I am going to give those a try and see what happens.
Thanks again.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: