Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question My baby is sick PLEASE HELP!

Morning, it's 2:14 in the morning and I cannot manage to get to sleep. I had to put my 85 1/2 up for the winter last year and she was real sick when she went into hibernation. As you might have guessed I will start the process of bringing her back to life starting tomorrow.

Here is what I know needs fixing but don't really know were to start.

1.) She is loosing water, don't know where it's going but had to add H2o every 2 weeks or so. The car would spit water out onto the ground if I filled it proper. This was after a drive around the block and cutting it off. Should I pull off the head gasket and start checking there?

2.) this is the big one. The engine acts like it wants to die out when I hit the gas. Sometimes it would kill out and others times it would skip and sputter then pick up and run fine. IT ideas just fine and does not act up until you hit the gas. Before this happened the car felt like it had lost 15hp somehow and was real sluggish. Kinda like an exhaust restriction but that was proven not to be the case. I have bought some new plugs, wires, dist and button. should I also check the fuel filter? I put a new fuel filter on it 3 years back. my brother said fuel pumps usually either work or they don't, and that it's rare one will half work.

Man oh man I am nervous about all this. I want to go ahead and give my gratitude to all who take the time to help me out with this.

Going to "try" and get some rest now.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
maybe the FPR (fuel pressure regulator) causing the hesitation.
Good luck
928 OC member
PCA member
Old 03-24-2003, 10:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Check your fuel pressure and your TPS - one or both is out of whack.

Verifiy condition of vacuum lines

Water leak: Locate the source - before you start replacing things - it should be pretty obvious where it is coming from.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 03-25-2003, 01:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: