Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

WUR Diagnosis

I'm currently fighting with my 924 that will quite regularly start from very cold, idle for about 10 seconds or more then slowly start to lower in idle. If I keep it alive by keeping the engine higher than 2 rpm, then it will live but run quite badly and chug a lot. Once running for 5-10 minutes if I let off the accelerator the engine will just die. After this, it's almost impossible to get started again until it's fully cold again. From what I understand this is related to the WUR coil not functioning or screen being clogged. I only see rebuild kits for these (83 924) in Australia for shipping to the UK. Does anyone have another suggestion of what this problem could be? the car has a new fuel pump, filter, fuel distributor, injectors, and fresh fuel. Are these WURs worth rebuilding (and can an amateur do it) or should I bite the bullet and buy a new one?

Cheers,
Aaron
Old 08-10-2019, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I believe checking the pressure(s) is the best next step. you might see if you have the 20cc or 40cc accumulator for any restart issues as well as the 5th injector.

Control Pressure - CIS Flowtech
Old 08-11-2019, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: