Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

A/C Compressor Removal

I recently bought a 1988 944s from a guy and he said he was fixing the compressor mount and I didnt think much of it and 5 days later a bolt broke and the compressor was hanging there. Basically now I'm trying to remove the compressor so I can get the other piece of the bolt out of the compressor to put a new one in

But I dont know how to remove the bolts from the hoses like are they just super torqued or what

I drained the gas from the red valve by the driver headlight and the valve just under the compressor
Old 08-11-2019, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Got any pictures? There should be two bolts, front and rear, holding the compressor on. Are they both broken or is one broken and one missing?
The hose fittings have been there a long time and are probably just set up. Support the compressor, use a back-up and apply increasing torque to the fittings and they will eventually break free.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I actually managed to get them off with a bigger ratchet with the same 13mm and an adapter so I'm good on that I just have to get this piece of bolt out somehow
Old 08-12-2019, 11:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: