Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

rear suspension questions

I have an '86 na that isn't (and hasn't since I've owned it) sitting level in the back. The passenger side rear is lower than the driver side rear. To correct this should I try to even it out by adjusting the bolt on the control arm, or by trying to reindex the torsion bar? If the torsion bars are not indexed the same, but I can even up the height, what are the drawbacks? Is reindexing the torsion bars something I should not attempt? If I should try adjusting with the control arm bolt, any instructions, like which direction to turn the bolt to raise, (and which bolt actually adjusts the height)?
Old 03-26-2003, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to afx
There is a nice procedure on how to do this on the http://64.226.197.185/Paragon/944/944_suspension.htm website. could it also be that one of your rear shocks are bad?

Http://members.rennlist.com/afx
Old 03-26-2003, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

afx, thanks for the response and the link. Actually, I had copied that same article and planned to even out my rear suspension over the winter, then it got stinking cold, and I lost the article. Had planned on looking it up, but wanted to find out if I would be better off trying to reindex my torsion bars (a more intimidating procedure). I'll be adjusting the height this weekend, and I'll be looking closely at that shock to make sure it indeed is not bad.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Cool

check this site out i sorted my ride hight out using it very helpfull http://boerger.golden-tech.com/

1989 911 3.2 Carrera sport
slate grey
Old 03-30-2003, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: