Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

5 speed conversion

Does anyone know if there is anyhting out there on a auto to 5 spd conversion? I tried a search but came up empty.
Thanks
Old 03-27-2003, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

talk to daily944 he was the guy who did it or had it done - he does not come here much anymore, but there still should be a link around here somewhere - take your search back a ways - this was over 1 year ago

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 03-27-2003, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hey Todwic didnt you put an auto trans in a manual? Maybe he can help you.

John
Old 03-27-2003, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks guys. Will let you know what comes of it.
Will look at some of daily944's post's and Todwic, if you can enloighten me a bit, that would be great
Old 03-27-2003, 09:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to stray15
i believe it was daly944, not daily944
Old 03-28-2003, 04:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

hey green 944. I used to have a 1987 porsche 944 that i converted from auto to manual. Here is the deal. You can get all the parts you need from parts heaven, most new or rebuilt, for 2 grand. that includes the new spring clutch and a lot of other new parts. The point where this becomes not worth it is if you pay someone to do the swap. the labor charge for it is VERY hefty. it can over double the price for parts. so i'll break it down for you. if you do all the labor yourself or at least most of it, it is a pretty inexpensive procedure, only a couple hundred more than doin a clutch job, but if you pay someone to do it, like i did, it just isnt worth it. I ended up selling my car because i'm goin to colorado for college next year and i needed a relaibel all wheel drive car for up their, so i got a wrx. good luck and email me at daly944@hotmail.com with any more questions.
brendan.
1987 944na, black on black, sex change(auto to MANual), msds headers, europroducts.net chip, msd 6a ignition system, msd blaster 2 coil, nology hot wires, aluminum interior from www.presigepartsco.uk, bad ass stereo system, badass alarm system, momo combat shift knob
Old 03-28-2003, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Awesome, thanks Brendan. I am planning on doing the conversion myself. I do have a few questions I will email you.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
If you want my advice I say find a 944 that already has a 5 speed and buy that instead of wasting a lot of time and money on the conversion. Although, I have a feeling you have a good reason for wanting to convert instead of buy different.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I guess it is just a fact of already having quite a bit of time and money into the car and don't really want to start again. I have already gotten used to this car and it is somewhat a peice of me
But I do want a 5 speed. Only reason I bought this car was the deal I got on it. Otherwise I would have rather gotten a 5 speed.
I haven't totally made up my mind about it yet, but I am pretty sure that if I can get the parts to do it relitively cheap, I will go for it.
Will post my results.
Old 03-30-2003, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: