Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to stray15
Central PA people, need any extra cash?

Hello folks!

Any of you guys looking for some extra doe let me know and I can get you some information about my business that I started!

Email me or PM me or IM me at no1hustller and I can let you know how to check it out for yourself.

I can talk to you guys at Hershey as well.

Old 03-28-2003, 05:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
If it has anything to do with beating people up for money, count me in..... I have previous experience in this field, Hey, I can be your Employee trainer...
Old 03-28-2003, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
i'm still unemployed tim, can you help out a fellow pelicanhead?

Old 03-28-2003, 09:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by FR Wilk
PA only? It won't work in other states? Are you selling steel-town toxic waist on eBay?

FR Wilk

Bad news today, a British Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) went down on a parachute today in enemy territory. The good news is that 10,000 Iraqi troops surrendered to it. Kidding......
Yeah, it will work everywhere, but it will be easy to support people if they are local. It is a nation wide business plan.

well, basicly I got involved in private franchising. Lets say you start a Mcdonalds franchise. You pay the corporation 1.5 million dollars or whatever it is to start it up. They train you and they let you have access to the different products. Lets say you tell a friend about franchising and you point them in the direction to getting one started. Lets say they decided to start one as well because of you, do you get any kind of money/commission for reffering them? NOPE, you get nothing for it. You are helping a corporation to get rich.

With private franchising, you get the right to refer people to the business. Instead of a corporation benifiting from your referal, you get the benifits. Does that makes sense?

Let me know if that makes sense so far, I don't want to flood you with too much information and confuse you.
Old 03-29-2003, 06:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Let me guess.....(there are a number of variations that have popped up in the last 15 years)

could it be Amway...

and to keep it off the O.T. board.... what kind of porsche are you gonna buy stray........
www.edmontonrealestate.ws

Last edited by ae1969; 03-29-2003 at 07:21 AM..
Old 03-29-2003, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by ae1969
Let me guess.....(there are a number of variations that have popped up in the last 15 years)

could it be Amway...

and to keep it off the O.T. board.... what kind of porsche are you gonna buy stray........
Haha, nope, not amway, its better.

I'll buy one of each.
Old 03-29-2003, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nabeel
Being a broke college student looking for money to spend on the 944, I am interested.
76K miles
color-matched fuchs

SOLD
Old 03-29-2003, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
I dunno, I went to an Amway meeting (they called it New Beginnings or something like that) back in high school. That "private franchising" rhetoric sounds very familiar.

Those people sure scared me. So enthusiastic and chipper, almost like a cult.
Old 03-29-2003, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Yes they have several "rebadged" products out there. Have to be carefull, and be on the look out.

I would hate to think that anyone from here would participate in the "evil" Amway pyramid.
1980 911 SC
1999 996 Cab
Old 03-29-2003, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
a guy came up to me in the parking lot of home depot recently. he complimented me on my car (the 951, with its damaged front end!), and talked about his car and his dragster days.

he then gave me his business card, and asked if i was looking for a supplemental income. i told him i was unemployed. he told me he was making a great income doing very little, and asked if i would be interested in hearing more about his business. i had lots of time on my hands, and we met the next day at starbucks.

he introduced his business as web-based supermarket shopping, where you buy all your items online and have them delivered to your doorstep. the more you buy, the bigger your savings. but where you make money is signing up people to do the same thing, and the more they buy and the more people they get under them, the better it is for you.

i told him it sounded like an illegal pyramid scheme to me. he said technically it wasn't, that it was legit. having heard of friends who have been involved in similar schemes, i was skeptical to say the least. i had to tell him i wasn't ineterested.

Old 03-29-2003, 12:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
I have had a number of friends an acquaintances go the pyramid route (well they say they are not a pyramid, AMway, INternet based, X Group, whatever they call it).....on a side note one of the latest and probably better ones is citibanks. They have a decent product and I think will do well....

anyways....what I hated was being sucked in to meetings by my friends.....I swear it got to the point that I didn't want to attend any functions with my friends unless it was a bar.....and like blackfoot I was approached by total strangers, with the usual line. "Could you use an extra 2-3 thousand a month"..........I swear it is brutal how aggressive some of these people are...

Problem with the recruitment process is that you have to be a strong seller. Oddly enough only a few of us have the personality to sell. AND those that are strong sellers usually turn a lot of people of.

Its hard not to get pumped about these programs, because some of them do work, and work well. Unfortunately for the majority it doesnt make you money......
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 03-29-2003, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: