Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-924-944-968-technical-forum/)
-   -   Paint Correction complete! (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-924-944-968-technical-forum/1042986-paint-correction-complete.html)

GHEN 10-19-2019 10:41 AM

Paint Correction complete!
 
Hello All,

Just thought I would share a picture of my car after paint correction. The transformation is amazing ...the camera doesn't do it justice.

This was done by Esoteric Detailing New Albany, Ohio

GHEN


http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1571506853.jpg

campbelljj 10-19-2019 02:51 PM

Looking great

944 S2 10-19-2019 04:21 PM

That’s a serious detail shop....$$$$

Looks awesome. My car is not worthy!

GHEN 10-19-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by campbelljj (Post 10628936)
Looking great

Thanks, I can't stop looking at it lol.


Quote:

Originally Posted by 944 S2 (Post 10629007)
That’s a serious detail shop....$$$$

Looks awesome. My car is not worthy!

I feel like I got a lot of value for my money. Where are you? I am in Gahanna, wouldn't mind getting a cup of coffee and checking out your car.

GHEN

OK-944 10-20-2019 05:47 AM

Which red is that? Garnet? Maraschino? Something else?

GHEN 10-20-2019 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OK-944 (Post 10629373)
Which red is that? Garnet? Maraschino? Something else?

Maraschino Metallic

GHEN

OK-944 10-20-2019 07:47 AM

My '87 is also Maraschino Metallic, repainted in 2001 and well kept up and still looks good - but wow...yours really looks fantastic!

I'll admit that I'm a bit out to lunch on this - could you give some idea of just what such a paint correction entails? I'll also google this - but if you could reflect a bit on this regarding your particular car, that would be great!

GHEN 10-20-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OK-944 (Post 10629517)
My '87 is also Maraschino Metallic, repainted in 2001 and well kept up and still looks good - but wow...yours really looks fantastic!

I'll admit that I'm a bit out to lunch on this - could you give some idea of just what such a paint correction entails? I'll also google this - but if you could reflect a bit on this regarding your particular car, that would be great!

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words. Essentially "paint correction" is a process of buffing with different agents to cut through the oxidation and smooth out imperfections in the paint. This particular place actually does a fair amount of work on brand new cars and they also do work for Honda USA for all of their presentation NSXs.

They then finish it up with a ceramic coating and detail.

Right now on Instagram the have my car on their feed and you can see the before and after from the same position, lighting etc. Pretty cool. Esoteric Detailing if you want to check it out.

GHEN

944 S2 10-21-2019 06:17 AM

I feel like I got a lot of value for my money. Where are you? I am in Gahanna, wouldn't mind getting a cup of coffee and checking out your car.

GHEN
[/QUOTE]

Iím in the north west corner of Columbus. I got an idea. Letís meet up at the cars and coffee at Byers, Nov 2nd, assuming the weather is still good. Need some more 944 there! Itís the last one of the year and the coffee is free!

9FF 10-21-2019 06:45 AM

Real or reflection?

This is the ten-year old original paint on my AMG CL55 after paint correction with a 1-step polish. It's truly amazing what they can do with the polishes these days.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xqbDjhK6RpI?Version=3&loop=1&playlist=xqbDjhK6RpI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GHEN 10-21-2019 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 944 S2 (Post 10630489)
Letís meet up at the cars and coffee at Byers, Nov 2nd, assuming the weather is still good. Need some more 944 there! Itís the last one of the year and the coffee is free!

That IS a good idea, unfortunately I am out of town on that day.

Maybe when they start up again in the Spring!

GHEN

GHEN 10-21-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9FF (Post 10630517)
Real or reflection?

This is the ten-year old original paint on my AMG CL55 after paint correction with a 1-step polish.

Wow, that is a trip! What year is that CL55? How has it been for you?


Quote:

Originally Posted by 9FF (Post 10630517)
It's truly amazing what they can do with the polishes these days.

I agree!

GHEN

9FF 10-21-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GHEN (Post 10630620)
[B]Wow, that is a trip! What year is that CL55? How has it been for you?..

Itís a 2005 and I had the paint corrected 3 years ago. Itís a fantastic car, effortless power all the time in any gear, ABC suspension is perfection. Really up there with one of the best cars Iíve driven. It has the RennTech 620hp package.



http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1571694096.jpg
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1571694127.jpg

dustim04 11-14-2019 01:10 AM

Cool. The paint looks sleek and flawless.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website


DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.