Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Custom User Title

brake fluid light

To begin, yesterday I bled my brakes. it felt pretty bada$$ to do something like that myself. I had assistance from other p-car drivers (pelican members too!) and it was a blast.

They had a power-bleeder, it was cool. Now, on the drive home I was getting a brake fluid light flickering. The level looks fine, and the brakes feel fine. Jiggling the cap makes the light flicker, so my guess is a short of some kind, but why would it not have surfaced until right now. Anyhow, any thoughts on how to fix this the right way (I know I could just cut it off)?
Old 03-30-2003, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
because you touched it, that's why...
hehe check the wires coming off of the cap they usually break right near the cap (that's where mine broke) also, did you inspect the clutch slave cylinder hose?.. it loves to leak right at the reservoire........or you have a little air in there..
Old 03-30-2003, 11:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Custom User Title

so the big hose coming off the brake fluid resevoir that I clamped yesterday while bleeding the brakes goes to the clutch?? Wow, I didn't know that. The Haynes manual appears to say that. Anyhow, I'll head outside now and check if thats leaking, and also screw with the wiring going to the sensor. I'll return with results- Thanks frank!!
Old 03-30-2003, 11:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

hey no prob,, yes that hose loves to leak, but ... dude.... changing it sucks camel a$$ big time.. it's not fun nor is it easy to reach.. so, bring things tto throw at the garage door while your working.. or just set up a heavy bag in the driveway so you have something to beat on when you bang your knuckles....

Frank B
Old 03-30-2003, 11:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

there is also a reset button on top of the reservoir - that little rubber thing right in the center.

Do you still have, (and install) that little cylinder in the reservoir - that is what is used to keep the level of brake fluid accurate for the float. Without it, the fluid sloshes around a bit - and can cause the warning light to flash.

Lastly, do not overfill the reservoir, otherwise it will leak.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 03-30-2003, 11:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

yes, but remove that goofy cup when filling, or you'll be there all week topping it off..
Old 03-31-2003, 03:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to perfecto951
yeah. that damn bastard reservoir leaks for me too. i would get a fluid light flickering and after trying to seal it i just ended up replacing it.
Old 03-31-2003, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: