Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Automatic Transmission coolant hose seals

87 944 automatic transmission question. The pressure side auto transmission coolant line is attached with a ‘banjo’ bolt (7) and sealing rings to the union on the case. The parts catalog attached shows 2 seals (6) on the Union side of the fitting and one on the bolt side. I don’t think there were 2 there when I took my transmission out and 2 seems like an invitation for leaks. Anyone know if there are really supposed to be 2 seals there?
Thanks
Old 11-01-2019, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
maybe one seal on each side of the banjo fitting?
Old 11-01-2019, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Politically Incorrect

Banjo fittings only require one seal per side.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to jtehfreaks
When I pulled my transmission, there were indeed two washers on that side of the banjo fitting, making three total. I thought it was weird, but there was no evidence of leaking from that fitting, and I suspect the second washer may be acting as a spacer for fitting purposes.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Well, I put all three in and no leaks. The two inside ones seemed like they were both needed to fill the gap since the sealing surface was recessed.
Thanks for the replies.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
automatic transmission , hose seal