Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Should I buy it?

Hey guys as you know I have an 86 951 w/108k miles and is still beautiful( Zermatt/burgundy). I am a horsepower junkie and always wanting more. I have the typical Welt. chip and minor mods. Car doesnt use oil but does have an oil leak at the gasket. I have ordered the parts and am going to probably have HIGHBOOST951 do the repair for me.

This is the question. I have a friend that has an 86 with a Powerhaus installed k-27 w/chips, MAF, full stainless exhaust, and milled head. It has approx. 10k on the new work and 88k miles on the car and block.
It is guards red with moderate pain. Stock brakes, good interior, and cookie cutters.

It was purchased not long ago and has no real problems found.
He asking 15,900 for it. What do you think?

I love my car for the color and its almost paid for. Should I keep it, pay it off and build my own car or jump on this red one? It hauls ass and the MAF sounds awesome!
Thanks as always,
Brock
Old 03-31-2003, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
15,900 ???

NOPE

No way.....

Why don't you drop 5K in your car and you will have a monster....
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 03-31-2003, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
don't buy it, too much. Although if you can talk him down a few thousand I say go for it, it would be one hell of a monster.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

i wouldnt 15,900 for an 86..lol-I dont think it will sell quickly at that price, for a few thousand you can update to a maf/map sensor and have a garrett hybrid built that will outperform a k27 anyday.
www.gururacing.net
or on rennlist a fellow buy the name of "fast951" of vitesse inc. will sell you a stage one kit for abour 2500 /maf/turbo/piggyback controller that can dyno over 350rwhp (need injetors, stage 2=3000 i think. Ive reviewed most kits and guru/vitesse the only options for bolt on power for me.
thats 16psi w/ a bad bov, the piggyback can hold two fuel maps at once for various boost levels also.

good luck
Old 03-31-2003, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

there is the stage 2 kit dyno chart..

Old 03-31-2003, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Sam..........

In your opinion..........

I was deadset on picking up a stage 2 from danno.......but that whole 'bad chip' fiasco is kinda shying me away............

I don't want to spend all my time tuning......although he tells me it should be a straight drop in and drive.........

and I saw vitesse's dyno's...........wow is all I could say...but he is a new guy on the block..........

what is your take???
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 03-31-2003, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

it did the same for me, but since Im a few months away from taking the plunge on either of the kits I can sit tight and see what happens and if everyone comes away happy and has no fewer probs with the chips/map kit. Im also waiting to see the dyno chart on the guru364 kit vs. the vitesse kit.
I want fast spool up (no worse than stock) and can support 330 rear wheel hp daily...

From how I understand it Vitesse is not new, I talked to him over a year ago about the exact same kits, although I think he now uses a better piggyback system (aka 2 fuel maps, better adjustability, etc..) And no one I have heard has said a bad thing about him yet, He seems very helpful and is just like Danno, he club races, got sick of other tuners, and took it upon himself to make a kit he liked..it worked well so he began selling them..pretty cheap if you ask me.
good luck
Old 04-01-2003, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to PorscheG96
Sam-

Has he mentioned what type of piggyback system is used with these turbo kits? I've driven cars with arc II fuel controllers and they require adjustment on startup and another adjustment when the car warms up and goes from dme map to closed loop operation [o2 sensor]. Hopefully this system doesn't require little adjustments each time you start the car??
Old 04-01-2003, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Trev- The piggyback is sold by www.perfectpower.com.

From what I understand the Vitesse kit is more like the lindsey kit than anyother where the cold start issues were ironed out and have not been a problem, but yet I dont know of anyone running it besides the man himself...I may be a guinea pig..or go with Danno's kit. just waiting on the dyno sheet.

http://www.perfectpower.com/products/smt6.asp
Old 04-01-2003, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: