Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
OE vs Aftermarket Motor Mounts

Anyone have any bad experiences with aftermarket motor mounts? They sure are a lot cheaper.. 45-60 vs 110-145+. I was just wondering if the difference is worth it.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to afx
I got some aftermarket mounts about 2 weeks ago.... no problems so far. They seemed like they were pretty well made.

Http://members.rennlist.com/afx
Old 04-01-2003, 10:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Used them a few times - I have seen reliability issues with them - they just don't seem to last as long as OEM, needing replacement after only a year or two - YMMV

Personally, I recommend OEM.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 04-01-2003, 10:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by AFJuvat
Used them a few times - I have seen reliability issues with them - they just don't seem to last as long as OEM, needing replacement after only a year or two - YMMV
Ok, that being said, at the cost of this I wouldn't want to have to do them again in a short time.

Who is the OEM for 944 mounts? I've seen several alternative makers but am not sure which one I should be looking for.

BTW - Maybe a silly question but, what the heck does "AG" stand for?
Old 04-03-2003, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to DangerIsland
AG is the equiv. of "Inc." for german companies.

Go with the OEMs, the cost and pain of having to replace them more than once isn't worth skimping on the cheaper ones.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to neildeshpande
AG=Aktiengesselschaft

Quote:
Originally posted by anotherblack944
Ok, that being said, at the cost of this I wouldn't want to have to do them again in a short time.

Who is the OEM for 944 mounts? I've seen several alternative makers but am not sure which one I should be looking for.

BTW - Maybe a silly question but, what the heck does "AG" stand for?
Aktiengesselschaft. Public Limited Company.

Neil Deshpande
Old 04-03-2003, 03:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
I would go with OEM also check this out.

Quote:

The above photo shows 3 - 944 motor mounts. The first is an original motor mount that has collapsed. Note the difference in height when compared to mount #2. The last mount is an aftermarket replacement. Although virtually identicle in appearance, it is actually solid rubber with a hollow core. This style of mount is much less expensive than the original Porsche units but unfortunately also transmits a fair bit of vibration due to the fact that it is not hydraulically dampened. I would strongly suggest installing the Porsche mount over the aftermarket units.

My Gaming Forums. Xbox360gen.com
Old 04-03-2003, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: