Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

clutch master & slave cylinders

Hey all, I ahve a 1987 944s, i took the car into the shop yesterday, and asked them to check on the clutch. It had a litlle more play than i liked, and also a little sticky, they said it would be adjustable, and thay could fix it. They called back today and said the master cylinder was leaking, and that they recommended replacing the master and slave cylinder at the same time. The estimate was $370. I just checked the parts catalog here and they sell the master for $72 and the slaveis $55. Does this seem like a fair price? Thanks.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Well shop will probably order parts from Porsche and they have to mark up prices. Probably 2 or 3 hours labor at $80. I have never done the job and their price may be a little high. However it doesn't seem that you are being ripped off.

81 924 N/A

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Buy the parts at those prices and do it yourself, even if you have no clue just get into it and tear it apart, youll figure it out, good luck

John
Old 04-01-2003, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

an easy afternoon DIY job.

hardest part is blading your clutch and brakes when you are done.

Just needs a little contortion to get at the master cylinder

Yeah, about $370 is right to have a shop do it.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 04-01-2003, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: