Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Brake fluid hose Q

Hey fellas,

New here... Hope you can help me with a question.

I'm in the process of replacing the Clutch Master & Slave cylinders. There's a (blue) rubber hose between the brake fluid reservoir and the Clutch Master Cylinder that is all dried up.

What type of hose (technical name) can I use and where to buy it? Is transmission fluid hose compatible for brake fluid?

TIA,
Niki
'87 944S
Old 04-01-2003, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

It is a special kind of rubber that doesn't react with brake fluid - couldn't tell you more than that really

Part number 999.181.021.50
If memory serves, it is like $5 or $10 at the dealership.

Transmission hose is not compatable. If they have lengths of rubber brake hose, that should work.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 04-01-2003, 10:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
yes, you can buy it in a roll also.. i dunno just incase you wanna start selling it to everyone here.... seems to be the order of the day.. most of these cars have never had that replaced, well, yet anyway..check some posts.. you could make a mint!!..
Old 04-02-2003, 03:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: