Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Thumbs up Thank you!!!! Thank you!!!! All.

Never in all the years that I have been a do-it-myself mechanic have I found the quality and accurate help that I get from this board. I just posted a question (Help, electrical problem) about an electrical problem that I WAS haveing with my 83 944. The replies I received gave me some direction for a post search on the problem. As you may have guessed by now, the problem is corrected. It took about 30seconds once I was pointed in the right direction.

My car stalled after pulling into my drive. After checking the obviouse I asked for your help. It turned out to be a broken conector to one of the two sensors at the ring gear. I made a temporary repair and the car fired up. Once again you saved my ASS. This is my only means of transportation.

I love my car very much. Even though it has it's share of problems and provides a sense of adventure each time I drive it. Despite these problems I will never sell it as long as I have you to go to when I do have a problem. A basic set of tools and the Pelican BBS are all I need.

Thank you all very much!!!!!
Old 04-04-2003, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I feel the same way. This board and the people contributing to it are amazing.

http://www.p-caronline.com/directory/coupe

Porsche 944 Turbo, 1986
Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, 1997
Old 04-04-2003, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Same here. I bought this car knowing very little about its quirks and within a week found that there was much to do. This people on this BBS have been tremendously helful and the first round of repairs is complete.

Thanks everybody,

Gene
'88 CitroŽn 2CV
Old 04-04-2003, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Yes, I had my first 944 for 6 months now....and just pruchased my 2nd 951 a couple of weeks ago. This Board has been great in helping me understand the intricacies and joys of owning these beauties.

THANKS YOU ALL!!!

Now......group hug time....
Old 04-04-2003, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to 944S Boyeee
At least half the fun of owning this car has been this board.

I constantly find myself saying to friends, "On the board the other day....".

I see people in real life and think "Isn't that (insert Pelican member here)??"

Sometimes I even dream in posts!

944S Boyeee
Old 04-04-2003, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
strange...I swear that I spend more time on this board then i do with my girlfriend. Something in my head is telling me that this isn't necissarily a good thing
Old 04-04-2003, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

gearhead290....follow Frank B's and Todwic's example.....they got their respective spouse to surf the board....do the same with your girlfriend.....I'm trying to get the wifey to do the same.....saves money instead of going out for dates....of course, whatever is saved goes into the Porsche fund (looking behind my back to see that I don't get whopped in the head by my wife!!!!)
Old 04-04-2003, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

hmm...good idea...kinda. She hates my car though...I spend more money on it then her too! God...maybe I would spend more time with if girls were as easy to figure out as cars!
Old 04-04-2003, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

well pull up on the bandwagon and call me sally.
i dont know what that means either... i meant to say thanks to everyone who has helped me out. ive only been here a few weeks but its already been a huge help!
Old 04-04-2003, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by gearhead290
maybe I would spend more time with if girls were as easy to figure out as cars!
bingo. in a car when you press the gas pedal the same thing happens everytime.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
hmm...good idea...kinda. She hates my car though...I spend more money on it then her too! God...maybe I would spend more time with if girls were as easy to figure out as cars!
Gerahead290.....Where in South Dakota are you from? My wife is from the Watertown - Aberdeen area.... in fact, I will be headed to Watertown for a work meeting sometime this summer...
Old 04-04-2003, 06:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Sioux Falls
Old 04-04-2003, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Sioux Falls
My wife went to school at Augie
Old 04-04-2003, 09:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: