Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Front license plate bracket delete?

I may be able to legally drive with only a rear license plate. If so, I would like to remove the front bracket. Although an option, I prefer not to mount a decorative 944 or Porsche crest plate.

So if I remove the bracket are there any plug covers available for the holes or would I just reinstall screws w/o bracket?

Thanks for the tips. Might just keep front plate if that winds up looking best.

Old 02-08-2020, 10:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
944 S2

I just put some generic black plugs, but my car is also black so they don’t stand out too much.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
This is the place I went. They will color match to your car. They were a little small, so I just added some duct tape to fit snug.

https://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=1_11
Old 02-08-2020, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

i just left the screws in the bumper holes.
2x 1/4" silver dots don't really catch the eye.
Old 02-09-2020, 04:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Bumper Plugs

(priced and sold in pairs, 2 plugs per pair, $27.95/pair)

Wow! $28 (does that include shipping?) For two plastic? Metal? Plugs. As the page says: beware of knockoffs! LMAO! It sounds a bit ridiculous to me to spend that kind of cash on almost nothing but to each his own.
Old 02-09-2020, 05:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the tip about the bumperplugs. Strange info on their webpage about early porsche models about how they say the plugs "won't work."

"Earlier Porsche models (993/964) with square punched factory hole? Perfect! No drilling required. Factory punch was 6mm x 7mm and the plugs were originally developed for this application. Early Porsche models (70's and 80's with 1/2" bolt holes - these will not work)."

Old 02-09-2020, 06:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: