Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Beware bad Billy Boat headers

I have a set of Billy boat header on my 87 turbo had one tube crack and after removal four the worst welding for the most expensive headers cold welds and cracks allover.bought in 2015 not a very good response from bb but did say send the back. The saga continues.

Old 03-27-2020, 05:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
That sucks big time. Their air-cooled 911 parts seem to often get mentioned for negative reasons, too. I hope the company takes care of you.

I don't believe he does parts for 924/44/68, but RarelyL8 Motorsports/M&K's stuff has the most beautiful quality and welds ever, aircraft-grade work that would look right at home on an F-35 engine.

John
Old 03-28-2020, 06:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Send a message via AIM to petrolhead611
Where exactly would one mount the headers on an F35? Asking for a friend
Old 03-28-2020, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Sorry, aircraft reference. The F35’s engine is the Pratt & Whitney F135, made here in Connecticut. The welds on jet engines are pretty much the nicest anywhere, and Brian/RarelyL8’s welds on his M&K products look aircraft grade. I believe they’re done using gas-purging but that may be the wrong terminology. If you already know all this, I apologize.

John

Old 03-28-2020, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: