Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Custom User Title

How does this go in?

So perhaps I am a hopeless moron, but- I can't figure out how to put in the harness bar that came with my car. My first driver's ed is coming up, and it needs to get in there. So- I took some snazzy pics in the hope that someone could make light of this for me. They are 4 point harnesses. It looks like the bar wants to screw into the C-Pillar(?), but there would be just a big plastic screw holding it, and I have a hard time believing that it would serve its purpose of keeping me from going through the windshield. So here's the pics:

The Harness

The hole where it should screw into something

Front Anchors

Rear Anchors

Gratuitous pic of my vehicle
Old 04-08-2003, 02:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Replace the plastic screws/bolts w/ real ones. That's where the rear 3pt seat belts hook up.

BTW: nice car (looks exactly like my first 951)
Old 04-08-2003, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

doh, mine had a black int.
Old 04-08-2003, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Certified Rennwerker

Send a message via MSN to 924Sman
Ram, It looks like a harness guide bar in which you cannot mount straps to! The bar is for the "C" pillar and you must be missing a couple of grade 8 bolts. As far as the mounting eye bolts go, the 2 on the oem lap belts are for the harness laps as well as oem. The 4 in the rear seats are for the clips on the shoulder straps. The bar keeps the straps at a proper angle from the mounts, over the bar then up to the shoulders. you don't want your shoulder straps mounted directly behind the seat! My advice is to get a race roll bar with a harness bar-bolt in. If you are going to track the car. Brey Krause has a harness bar that allows straps to mount at a cost not far off a roll bar IMO not worth it and your head will thank you for the race roll bar! Hope this helps! GL! Sman
Old 04-08-2003, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Custom User Title

So- I need 2 big bolts. I guess PO forgot to include them. No complaints though, he hooked up plenty of stuff. Any recommendations from anyone about bolt size so I can get to home depot? I guess specifically length.
Old 04-08-2003, 03:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Certified Rennwerker

Send a message via MSN to 924Sman
Grade 8 and should be the same size as the eye bolts. Pull one and use as a reference. I think it is a 10mm to 12mm....Sman
Old 04-08-2003, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Custom User Title

Talking UPDATE!!!!

Well, now I just found a box buried in my closet. Turns out I have 5 point harnesses, and the bolts!!! Actually, there's even more stuff in there, so I might need to get some more pics up. Now I'm sure I have everything, but there's even more to figure out. Thanks for the help and bearing with me.

Will post pics of newly found supplies after I eat.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Well, I guess before I ask a million questions, I'll try tomorrow to put it in now that I have everything, and then if I have trouble I'll post back. Thanks for the help thus far!
Old 04-08-2003, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Mark,
Just take it all to carstons some afternoon before MID OHIO and he install it all for you .. we just put all the stuff in MArks Carrera last week,

Eric Mckenna

" The reason the Irish are always fightin one another is that there are no other worthy opponents ".
Old 04-08-2003, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by 924Sman
Grade 8 and should be the same size as the eye bolts. Pull one and use as a reference. I think it is a 10mm to 12mm....Sman
It's actually a 7/16" bolt. I was a bit confused when I went looking for bolts to mount my harness bar and none of the metric sizes fit.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: