Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Front spoiler fasteners

A previous owner somehow decided to forego any metal fasteners when installing the front spoiler. He used plastic cable straps instead and also used these to attach the foglamps. Iím baffled by this, but there were many missing and incorrect screws in the interior also.

Iím planning to source and install spoiler hardware this month based on the parts in the PET. If anyone has a parts car and wants to help me out please send a PM.

Old 04-07-2020, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

"quick disconnect"... lol

shoot a PM to one of these folks:
Josh B
plyhammer
drifta944

among others..

they should be able to hook you up.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
944 addict

Garage
Send a message via AIM to mytrplseven
Do you mean the "Bat Wing" or an aftermarket?

Some people try to turn back their "odometers." Not me. I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Just the large stock front piece (spoiler) under the bumper. It's called a Batwing?
Old 04-11-2020, 04:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
944 addict

Garage
Send a message via AIM to mytrplseven
In most ebay ads it's called that.

Some people try to turn back their "odometers." Not me. I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSecondChris View Post
Just the large stock front piece (spoiler) under the bumper. It's called a Batwing?
You donít say what car you have. If itís an S2 or turbo you have a bumper cover with a batwing underneath, otherwise you have a spoiler (Brits call it a ďvalanceĒ) under the bumper. The spoiler (or valance) has the fog lights installed into it on US models. They are plentiful and cheap but good ones are becoming rare, most have some damage from 30+ years of use.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9FF View Post
You donít say what car you have. If itís an S2 or turbo you have a bumper cover with a batwing underneath, otherwise you have a spoiler (Brits call it a ďvalanceĒ) under the bumper. The spoiler (or valance) has the fog lights installed into it on US models. They are plentiful and cheap but good ones are becoming rare, most have some damage from 30+ years of use.
9FF I believe he has an 84 ,,,,,look at his garage,I'm pretty sure it will be the valance metal fasteners is looking for.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie944 View Post
9FF I believe he has an 84 ,,,,,look at his garage,I'm pretty sure it will be the valance metal fasteners is looking for.
Ah ok, afaik there is no garage on the mobile app which is what I exclusively use. Also, I assumed that the opís valance couldnít be fixed with regular fasteners due to damage and thatís why the po used ties instead, I now see thatís not the case. So yes, just buy stock fasteners and fix it.
Old 04-13-2020, 03:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I use some black trim screws with the large Phillips head (built-in washer-type) ... speed nuts on the underside of the valance. Works perfect.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by universeman View Post
I use some black trim screws with the large Phillips head (built-in washer-type) ... speed nuts on the underside of the valance. Works perfect.
Thanks, for the suggestion. I will try something like that for now.

Old 04-13-2020, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: