Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Wow !!!got yourself a very nice car Stephen.... both exterior & interior seem to be in very good shape,love your seats & the three spokes steering wheel...BTW that steering wheel was OE on the 911 Turbo and now worth lot of $$ if you want to buy one.Those carpets with the Porsche logo are also very nice ,steering ,****er & booth can be redone easily if fading away ,will tell you how latter on.Exterior paint look good so are the wheels,...what size? ...not very surprise since our car up here don't see snow & salt, cause we store them for the winter.Not to get carry away but I think you got yourself a keeper & you should take your time to do the maintenance needed.Now pics of the engine bay PS.

Old 10-15-2020, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
RADIO.....
Old 10-16-2020, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Seems I'm late to the party! What a beauty you got your hands on, Datsom... clearly the Good Doctor took care of the old girl, as that car is very, very well preserved.

And your "bad news" list is short! The belt/pump job represents somewhat of a rite of passage for the DIY 944 owner, from what I gather (I'm still among the great unwashed, here), so I'd tackle that one myself. There are tons of resources and great folks behind those keystrokes above, willing to help. The gearbox whine, however, I'd wait-and-see, for now. If it gets appreciably worse, it'll be a great opportunity to have the gearbox gone through by a pro, so she'll be good for another hundred thousand miles.

Great luck to you! Will be watching over here, for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsom View Post

Quoted above so we can see it on this page...
2005 BMW 330xi
2017 Subaru BRZ PP
Old 10-16-2020, 05:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie944 View Post
RADIO.....
There was lot of radio model that came in the 924-944 of that era but most were Blaupunkt,the one above came as OE in my early 944 .Steven...Couple pics of other models that could have come as OE in your car
Old 10-16-2020, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Registered

Thanks @silverlined. I'm still debating on the rite of passage -- right out of the box as a first thing to do is a bit overwhelming given everything else I have going on in my life. Normally, it wouldn't be an issue but recent months have been personally challenging.

You are right though, @Ernie944 and everyone else here has been amazingly welcoming and super helpful. I'm am truly grateful!

I promised some pics of "ballast" from behind the front wheel wells. Here they are (thankfully, because the car was rarely driven in inclement weather, there is no rot or decay. So that's a good thing.) Also, just to be clear, I did not shovel it out -- LOL

I promised @Ernie944 some pics of the engine bay, so I'll follow-up with that in the next day or so. From what I can tell, everything is as it should be. I will be ordering some fresh "tune-up items" -- air/oil filters, spark plugs (copper, per Ernie's recommendation), cap, rotor, plug wires, etc. That's about what I can handle at the moment, I'm afraid, given where my head is. Ernie has made some other really helpful suggestions and so I will follow up on those, too, including the stock radio.

Thanks gents! Always grateful.
Stephen

1973 Ford Courier
Old 10-17-2020, 03:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: