Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Shifter Height!!!

Am I high or something? Lol! but seriously it seems like my shifter is sticking up too far out then it used too...I am getting 7.5" to the top of the shifter handle from the metal trim piece...

Old 10-15-2020, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ERAU944
You can see the lower rubber damper on the bottom the shift lever isn't seated all the way into the handle. Pull it off, the top rubber damper should be installed on top of the metal shift lever, then install the shifter handle onto the dampers/lever combination. You may use a little light oil to help facilitate installation so the damping rubbers don't rip or slide. Also, make sure there is only one top rubber, but if it stuck inside the shifter handle it's probably not seating properly on the shift lever.
'14 Ford Focus ST - tangerine scream/black
'83 944 - zermatt silber/black - Dad's 40k mile time capsule. purchased in 09-1998 @ 18k
Old 10-16-2020, 06:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
From the looks of your ashtray, you might be high. Glad to see you're using the car's ashtray as the German engineers intended.

Last edited by TheSecondChris; 10-16-2020 at 03:01 PM..
Old 10-16-2020, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSecondChris View Post
From the looks of your ashtray, you might be high. Glad to see you're using the car's ashtray as the German engineers intended.
I hear ya!!! Lol! Just seems too high to me is yours at the same height?

Old 10-16-2020, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: