Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

1986 944 Porsche Piston Slide GUILDES SPACER HELP

hello I have a hard time installing the brake calipers in the rear 944 1986 the spacer white plastic got smash when trying to put back on order two new spacers Porsche Piston Slide. the spring clip is really hard maybe I need to do the last and line them up correct and not force them? help!!!!!

Old 10-16-2020, 02:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Edgar. the plastic guides are indeed fragile. I did my calipers last year, and did so on the bench. I learned to not try to remove the steel springs ... I left them alone (having snapped off one on a front caliper). Having separated the two primary components of the rear calipers (hydraulic piston side and what I'd call the "frame") to bead-blast and paint, to reassemble I used a little synthetic grease on the areas where they contact, including on those plastic guides. I did all of this on the bench, and it's a tough process to describe, but with the proverbial patience and a clear mind, it can be done.

Please tell us where you're located, in case one of us is close by and could help. You may also try youtube ... I don't know if such a video exists, but it may. I frequently find solutions there.

Best of luck, and please follow up with your progress.

Kind wishes,'John
82 911SC coupe, 3 seasons near-daily use; 87 924S, project ... see my thread http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-924-944-968-technical-forum/1046846-johnjs-87-924s-rehabilitation.html Past: 6x Alfas; 01 V70 2.4T; 95 Accord CD555; 89 944S2; 89 FJ62 Landcruiser; 82 Celica; 77 CJ5; 74 Beetle; 67 TR4A; 62 Midget; ?Year Lambretta Li 150 (my brother's actually); 76 Fiat 126 (Mum's); ?Year Isetta 300 (Dad's)
Old 10-16-2020, 05:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

fix the issues with the caliper spacers temp

John thank you your right a used both a work bench then the vise which was better to hold the body in place then a little grease and patience with a clear mind LOL! Richmond CA.
Ed T
Old 10-16-2020, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Sounds like it worked out ok.

BTW, welcome to our little community.Maybe show us your car ... tell us how long you’ve had it, what you’ve done so far, etc. That kind of sharing is what makes this such a great place to hang out.

Best wishes,
John
Old 10-17-2020, 05:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Same here ....Welcome to the forum Ed T & will like to see pics of your machine,take care & have fun working on your 944...Ernie

Old 10-17-2020, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: