Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Motor mount Question

Yes...I have a terrible vibration below 1100 RPM's. How do I determine if I need new motor mounts or if it is a problem with the timing belt slipping a notch? What is a fair price for motor mounts and where?

Old 09-01-2000, 03:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

That's a very easy fix. DRIVE FASTER. Seriously though, if I have my idle set at maybe 950 the car shudders at stoplights. So I upped it to 1100. Try raising it to 1150 or 1200, or lowering to 1050. Sometimes a certain RPM sets up just the wrong frequency on your car and it has nothing to do with motormounts being old. I could be wrong, but hey, try it.
Old 09-01-2000, 05:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Banned

Motor mounts are rather in-expensive, it's the labor that get's ya. We recently did a right side mount along with some other services. When I break out the costs, it comes in at about $200, including the mount. If you re-set your idle, you are only delaying the problem. Take the time to have it checked....
Old 09-01-2000, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

is this for a 924 or 944?

we redid the motor mounts in our 924 and i have lots of info on that. we will be doing it in our 944 next year.

obin
Old 09-01-2000, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

If the vibration goes away above idle, it's the motor mounts. Mine did it.
Old 09-01-2000, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 1.2gees
My engine runs quite smooth at anywhere near idle, specially when warm... I mean the engine, I'm not saying the car doesn't vibrate, (it doesn't!), but when I put my hand on the (for example) intake manifold, it's amazingly smooth, as smooth as say my parents Honda V-6... (naturally balanced, beautiful engine, too bad it's not a stick).

Just letting you know, the reason you feel the vibration is the motor mounts, but the reason the engine vibrates is NOT.
Ahmet

------------------
It's all the driver...

Old 09-01-2000, 10:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: