Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Wow O-kill,

Surprised you can give it up...I couldn't bear it.

Hey, If you get a NEW bike what the hell are you going to work on?
Old 04-28-2003, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to overkill
I don't know I have a couple of mods for the the bike planned but they are easy. Well,... to be honest I will miss working on the car but I can't forget that I have to go to school. So I save the "playing mechanic" stuff for after school when I get my 951 or even a early 911 turbo?!?!? Which do you guyz think? I would LOVE to get a 951 because I LOVE these cars but then a early 911 turbo also looks like a fun car. When do you think the 944 will die out? That is a fear of mine. I know that 911's aren't going anywhere anytime soon but what about the 944's? Even though I LOVE these cars I dont want to buy a car where it's going to be reall hard and REALLY expensive to buy parts. How is it buying parts for 911's? Easy to find parts? 911's have more available then 944's? Hmmm,... god I hope you guyz tell me something I want to hear,... that is being that 944's are here to stay.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

OH, also when I sell the car I will be selling my "special" porsche tools. I will sell all together that is my timing belt tensioning tool, calibration bar, flywheel lock, and locking bar for $500 even which is about $130+ cheaper then if you would buy them separately. I figured it couldn't hurt to own them all so thats why I am selling them together.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
Hey, That is a very sharp Car Overkill, it's amazing. I really hate to see you sell it.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

will that be your first bike? i really wanna get one as well but i dont know a whole lot about them
Old 04-28-2003, 10:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

O-kill !!!!

All this talk about 911's...You really have gone over to the dark side

I don't really think the 944's are going anywhere. If you look at the rest of the porsche line-up it seems to get almost easier to get parts as they age. As long as your not an oem freak.

951 all the way

Hey, may be interested in those tools if they are still around next month.

YO MAMA----- Bikes are fun as hell, and EASY to fix, repair, customize etc. especially compaired to all or our P projects. Years ago I used to pick up about one neglected bike per year, upholstry, tune, bodywork(marinetex is awsome stuff!!) paint, drive it like mad then sell it for double what I had into it. Lots of fun.

Ahhh, Mechanical work can sooth the soul.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

TCMdocs944, i took your name down so when I sell the car i contact you about the tools. I think I am I 944 fan for life but some of those 911's are seewt

yo mama, this will not be my frst bike. If you never rode before, meaning you never owned your own bike then I would suggest a nice USED 600cc bike. Trust me. you dont want to spend a whole 9,000 or so on a new bike just to crash it a couple of days later and end up selling it for nothing because you are kinda scared of it and dont want to ride it anymore more.I heard of I guy just a couple of days ago that bought a bike from a guy that spent 11,500 on a bike just to crash it a month later. He sold the bike for 5,000 because he over estimated the bike and grew scared of it. Also, if you ride,... SUIT UP! I MEAN IT!!! I have pictures of what happens when you dont!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

yea im gonna save up ~$4k over the summer and try to get a used cbr or a yzf 6r if i can. definatelly dont need some superbike to learn on!
also, do yall know of anyplaces online to buy helmets jackets etc? i havent been able to find any that seemed reputable. im always shocked at how often i see guys riding R1's or whatever with shortsleeves and no helmet

Last edited by MrPants; 04-29-2003 at 10:52 PM..
Old 04-29-2003, 10:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

If I was you I would get a nice 2001 or 2002 R6. My friend has one and he loves it to death!!! I heard it was a great ride and handles beautifully. If you do a search for helmets or riding gear you'll find tons of places to buy gear. I would recommend you go try some stuff on at a dealer first before you buy anything.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

cool. thanks for the info
Old 04-30-2003, 10:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: