Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

clutch thrust bearing

This is my first post although I have been reading the forum for some time and find it most useful.

I have a 1984 Euro Spec 944 and love it.

I am currently changing the clutch and renewing the thrust bearing. Unfortunately, when removing the bearing from the pressure plate I did not record the sequence in which to replace the three spacers ( or washers). Also which way up the washer with the notches in it goes onto the bearing prior to placing it through the pressure plate (ie concave up or down when placed on the bearing).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Col
Old 04-27-2003, 10:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Petie3rd

Send a message via Yahoo to Mrmerlin
Hi try this get the concave washer and put it onto the TOB= Throwout bearing, this will be with the inner part of the washer touching the TOB, put the TOB on a flat surface, with the washer pointing up the large diameter will contact the outer surface of the diaghpram spring, place the pressure plate over the TOB with the friction surface facing up.
this will now have the inner part of the TOB sticking thru the spring, put the mteal curver washer onto the TOB and apply pressure to compress the conical washer, install the square metal retainer ring onto the TOB this holds the curved metal ring onto your pressure plate, now it is ready to install into the car... Ihope that you are putting in the Turbo friction disc, instead of the Rubber one..........Stan
One other thing After the whole job is done, make shure that your heater control valve is not leaking and that if you ever wash the engine that you cover the engine sensors in the back top of the engine, otherwise water will drip directly onto your TOB/ clutch assy and this will start the TOB a rusting......
Old 04-28-2003, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks Stan. Much appreciated. Yes, will put in a turbo friction disc. Will also keep an eye on the heater control valve.

1984 n/a 944 RHDrive Guards Red
Air/Con 130,000 km
Old 04-28-2003, 04:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: