Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

saw one - drove one

My friend bought the S for his wife and brought it over Saturday, gave me the key while they ate cookies with my family. It is NOT an SUV. My guess is Porsche is looking to get into the four door sedan market. I was not impressed with the switches, MB does a better job; but it was an addictive experience, the car/truck/whatever it is, really hauls and handles. Comfortable with plenty of room for four tall adults; short on cargo space; looks better than pictures; too much fun; I was gone half an hour came back with that grin; fifteen minutes later took the key and came back in an hour. He got $4k off the $58k sticker; the turbo version must be off the charts, this S was so nice. One of those GM SUV's tried to outpace me on the highway but could not come close the CS is really nice driving; a bit hard on rough pavement going 'slow' but it sounded like my Porsche's, ran like them, handled like them, and got looks from others. Ought to be a good seller.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
I stopped by my local Porsche dealer, and they had an S. It WAS better looking in person - a lot smaller than i expected. Not a beautiful car, though... then again, it was parked next to a C4S and a Turbo, anything would pale in comparison...
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 04-28-2003, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Mein Gott!

Garage
Re: saw one - drove one

Quote:
Originally posted by dherrman
One of those GM SUV's tried to outpace me on the highway but could not come close the CS

LOL! Oh, man. Now we have SUVs racing each other. What is this world coming to.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: