Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Wipers almost want to work?

Howdy all, long time no see.
My car was parked a couple years and I just recently got it back on the road and my wife has been driving it one mile to work and back everyday. Since I put it back on the road the wipers don't work. They used to when I parked it. You turn them on and they will move a hair but that is it. Once in a great while they will go up and back down one time. What could that be? There is definitely power going to the motor because you can hear it even if it doesn't move.
Thanks,
Ric
Old 04-28-2003, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

What year what model? Earlier cars had a problem with the ground in the colum. Any noises?

81 924 N/A

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Ooops, sorry about that. It is an 86 944. No noises in the column. The motor works sorta. It is kinda like the wipers are slipping on the shaft. I haven't had a chance to look at it. With her driving it I honestly never think about it till it rains. It has been a pretty dry spring here in central Illinois and we haven't got much rain. I am off today and if she gets home early enough I will try to look at it and see if I can give clearer symptoms.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
Is the motor louder than it used to be? I bet your motor is going out. I went to a J.Y. and got a used motor for $75 instead of the $200+ for a new one.
'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

An inexpensive thing to check (if you haven't already) is to make sure the bolts that hold the wiper arms to the splined shaft haven't loosened up, allowing the splines to spin freely, and catch intermediatley.

Good luck,

1985.5 944
Dodge Viper Blue on black/tan
white face gauges
throttle cam
short shift kit
Old 04-28-2003, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
Quote:
Originally posted by VT944
An inexpensive thing to check (if you haven't already) is to make sure the bolts that hold the wiper arms to the splined shaft haven't loosened up, allowing the splines to spin freely, and catch intermediatley.

Good luck,
Good call
'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
Vt hit it on the nose, I'd bet.. mine were slipping and... I tightened em... now... they don't slip..... at all.... sweet.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: