Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Sunroof almost works...

Sorry, but while I was thinking about the wipers the sunroof question popped in my head.
My sunroof has never worked since I got it. Notta, zilch, like no power anywhere. One day I cranked on the motor with the little manual operation wrench that is back there. Never thought much about it. A few days after that I was messing around and hit the button and it kicked in ever so shortly. Like it was sucking it down the rest of the way. Anyone have any ideas what that might be? I never have learned how to test all of that to see what was bad because before that happened, there was nothing, like no power at all. I don't know that much about electrical systems. I know some but I don't know anything about this. Can I take the motor and hook it directly to a battery to see if it works or not then go from there?
Old 04-28-2003, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
Check the Fuse man.. or the relay is baked....
Frank B
Old 04-28-2003, 10:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Ric- Is this you from Shelbyville???

88 924S Guards/ Black ~ 10 years as a Daily Driver and STILL SMILING!
87 NA Diamond Blue Metallic ~ Gone
Old 04-29-2003, 05:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Chris,
Yep, it b me. Old girl is still running like a top since I took those junk autolites out and put in ngk's.

All my fuses are good, how do I check relay's? There is like a hundred of them back there, well, at least two that I remember.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Best way is with an ohmmeter and a schematic- you can always pull the cover off the relay and look to see if badly charred.. Isringhausen has them all in stock- usually around 25 -35 bucks. Give 'em a call to check pricing- I dont have the manual for the newer 944's and there may have a different Part Number.
Good luck- I'm glad she's still treating you well Ric!

88 924S Guards/ Black ~ 10 years as a Daily Driver and STILL SMILING!
87 NA Diamond Blue Metallic ~ Gone
Old 04-29-2003, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

If you moved it manually, and then hit the sunroof switch causing it to move, it may be that your microswitches are out of adjustment. Relatively simple fix. No more than an hour's work.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: