Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to fty
auto tranny HELP

ok so we picked up the automatic 944 and when we got it youd have to play around and put the car in park and nuetral to get it to start up...and no it wont start..everything getting power..isd this a shift cable problem..? how do I fix it..thx-chris
Old 04-28-2003, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
Welcome to the Slush Box Wrecking Crew! If you pull up the plastic around your gear selector lever (the part with all the pretty glowing Letters and #'s {Who knows what PNRD is? I knew a Bernard once...} are) There are 2 sets of contacts. They are adjustable, but yours probably just need a good cleaning. They're there to make sure you don't start your car in a moving gear and sink your car in the bay.
'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fty
thx a million todwic..always there in the clutch...
Old 04-28-2003, 11:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
If you have shifting problems, lemme know, the throttle cable/kickdown cable is very finicky. too loose or too tight and it won't shift for *****, and there are at least 3 places for adjustment.
'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: