Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question agwa pump (water pump question)

i have a 944 out in the driveway as a loaner and i killed the water pump. the id sticker under the hood has the year missing and i need to order a pump. it's a second generation/ post 85.5 and the vin is wpoaao949fn452890.

what water pump do i need to order now before wifey comes home and find out i'm spending money on someone elses car. cam guard/ retro fit ect ect. i'm confused?

( pelican is suffering from server crash right now. the need to slip there phone number on the tech boards somewhere. hint hint )
01 f250 psd dirty the mule
60 correct craft starflite cool
69 correct craft torino hauls butt
72 correct craft ski nautique fun
66 vw 1500s will finish someday
Old 04-28-2003, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Mein Gott!

Garage
Call any P-car parts place and just tell them that you need a 85.5+ water pump. They might bring it to your attention that there is a turbo pump with adapter kit available for a bit more money - but since you won't be driving it for the duration, I'd go with the basic one. It's durable enough.

Were you going to change the belts while you have everything apart? As a 911-914 owner, if you were a waterpumper fan before this job, you'll REALLY be one afterwards!

Old 04-28-2003, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
what happened to the Waterpump anyway? did the bearing freeze?.. how do the belts look?
Old 04-28-2003, 10:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Unfortunately, a waterpump isn't exactly a "throw it in there and drive away" repair - got to get a bunch of stuff out of the way first (timing belts etc.)

Curious to know what happened to the waterpump as well.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 04-28-2003, 10:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

my ex-dealer mechanic buddy is working on the ac in the 914. he left the keys to the 944. told me to drive it and make a list (it's been sitting for a few months) fun, well balanced car. i like it.

the pump is starting to get loose. i need to fix it before something BAD happens. (there is a new timming belt, clutch kit and other crap in the back seat.) i was just going to change the pump and let him set the belt/cam tension when the teener is done.

she's a 2.5l , but i have no idea what year it is. the id sticker on the fender well flaked off where the model info was written.

vertex was generally cheaper on the rebuilt pumps, but i am supporting the bird fetish.
01 f250 psd dirty the mule
60 correct craft starflite cool
69 correct craft torino hauls butt
72 correct craft ski nautique fun
66 vw 1500s will finish someday
Old 04-29-2003, 04:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

tryan... that VIN places the car in 85.5. That's the "F' in the VIN (G='86,
H='87...)

G'luck
M'reel
Old 04-29-2003, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
whoa..
a loose waterpump?.. and this guy is asking you to make a list?.. he should be taking it to a qualified mechanic himself..
Old 04-29-2003, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: