Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to chapstic2001
These brakes are about to go out the window!!!!

A while back while swaping out the rear axels on the 951, I noticed one of the pads was completly worn while the other three were brand new. This lead me to believe the pistons were sticking. Looking long and hard to find a rebuild kit, I ended up getting $100 worth of dust seals and covers for two calipers from Pelican parts. I got the problem caliper off the car and after I removed all four pistons realized they were not stuck at all.

The problem, the PO used what appears to be an anti-squeal agent that dried and collected behind the little metal bracket that holds the two caliper halves together. It actually collected so much that they bent the bracket preventing pad from moving in. Here is my delema, it looks like either someone or time rounded out the alen heads that hold the bracket in and I cannot get the crap out to allow the pad to move freely.

And finally, the question. Does anyone know of a shop or business that can rebuild calipers, for a reasonable price. I cannot afford to pay $350 for a new calipers and am not going pay $200 for used ones. Any suggestions????
Old 04-28-2003, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to todwic Send a message via Yahoo to todwic
Junkyard
'86 951
Providing ignorance one post at a time.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

PartsHeaven. I have a rebuilt caliper on the rear of my 951. It is from Advance Auto.
1987 328GTS
2011 528i
Old 04-28-2003, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
What I would do is use an ectractor to pull the alen bolts out. I also would do is just buy the rebuild kit and do the caliper.

My Gaming Forums. Xbox360gen.com
Old 04-28-2003, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: