Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-924-944-968-technical-forum/)
-   -   Neighbor got a Pepper (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-924-944-968-technical-forum/108476-neighbor-got-pepper.html)

Nabeel 04-28-2003 07:33 PM

Neighbor got a Pepper

It was the first time I'd seen one. It was being loaded off the transporter truck just a few minutes ago. There is no Porsche dealer here in town, the closest one is about 80 miles away. I can't tell if it was an S or a Turbo. It had some rather large-looking wheels on it, so I'm guessing it is a turbo. It's about 11:20PM right now, and it was too dark for me to really take a good look at it. I just passed by it as I was going out to the library (where I'm at right now). From the little I saw, I must say that it looks really good in person. It was white in color, and looked mean. This neighbor is somewhat of a jerk though, so I doubt I'll get a chance to fully look it over, unless I break into his garage. He also has a red 993 cab in there, with some bling-bling chrome rims on them. Not to mention another black 993, plus a Benz S500, a Lexus LS430, and a Lincoln Navigator on dubs (20 inch chrome rims, for the less informed :) ). He used to have a Lotus Esprit a while back.

Anyway, I have a paper to write, I better get to work!! ;)

Scott R 04-28-2003 08:44 PM

Nice neighbors, I shuold be so lucky! Mine are bragging over rusty mobile homes parked in front of their houses, and ( I shudder over this one) new Ford pickups.

Frank B 04-28-2003 08:53 PM

Hey Scott, if you don't know there names, just look at their belt Buckles... that'll givem away..
Frank B

Nabeel 04-28-2003 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Scott R
Nice neighbors, I shuold be so lucky! Mine are bragging over rusty mobile homes parked in front of their houses, and ( I shudder over this one) new Ford pickups.
That sounds like some parts of Kentucky..........I should know. I live in one of the smaller houses in a nice neighborhood. Unfortunately most of my neighbors are on the arrogant side. I've tried waving to the fellow p-car owners, but they just look at me funny.

There are a few p-cars in the neighborhood already. There is a 964T 3.6, another 964, a nice looking early 928, a few Boxsters, plus my good buddy down the street has a nice '86 Zermatt Silver 944 n/a. Then there's the guy with a Ferrari F40, 512BB, and a 328GTS. A few other nice cars also, like an old-school Porsche-built benz 500E, a Jag E-type, and others that I can't think of at the moment. Makes for some nice eye-candy when I'm staring out my window, that's for sure. My beat-up 944 is the red-headed stepchild of the group. After working this summer, hopefuly I'll have enough money to bring her back to good condition, although I'll still get no respect from my neighbors :).

todwic 04-28-2003 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Scott R
I hate them. I hate them all

pearldrum 04-29-2003 06:47 AM

Quote:

There is a 964T 3.6, another 964, a nice looking early 928, a few Boxsters, plus my good buddy down the street has a nice '86 Zermatt Silver 944 n/a. Then there's the guy with a Ferrari F40, 512BB, and a 328GTS. A few other nice cars also
I should be hanging out in Lexington more often...
There are a lot of porsches in louisville, but NO ferraris

Macfreak007 04-29-2003 07:10 AM

Pearldrum there are a few ferraris in the east end out in prospect, lol, and a ton of 944's, louisville is good for the porsches

pearldrum 04-29-2003 07:16 AM

Quote:

Pearldrum there are a few ferraris in the east end out in prospect, lol, and a ton of 944's, louisville is good for the porsches
really? I've seen 4 in the last like 6 years. Yeah prospect is good for high-end cars. Always see bentlys, vipers, porsches, bmw, mercedes...

Nabeel 04-29-2003 09:02 AM

I'll see a Ferrari once a month or so over here. Only when the weather is warm though, they all stay inside for the winter. One of my friends insists there is a white Lamborghini Diablo running around town, but I'm yet to see it. I think most people would be surprised that there are any Ferraris in Kentucky, period. We should have a KY 944 get-together sometime, over the summer maybe.

Macfreak007 04-29-2003 11:34 AM

yeah we really should, theres a bunch of guys from the local PCA that would love to get together and me and pearldrum

scottmandue 04-29-2003 11:45 AM

Re: Neighbor got a Pepper

Quote:

Originally posted by Nabeel
This neighbor is somewhat of a jerk though, so I doubt I'll get a chance to fully look it over, unless I break into his garage. He also has a red 993 cab in there, with some bling-bling chrome rims on them. Not to mention another black 993, plus a Benz S500, a Lexus LS430, and a Lincoln Navigator on dubs (20 inch chrome rims, for the less informed :) ). He used to have a Lotus Esprit a while back.

Hmmm... "wealth is wasted on the wealthy?"

Roger Hall 04-29-2003 12:42 PM

I grew up in an area where most people had more $'s than sense. God I hate those people, and some of them are related to me...

Just remember living well is the best revenge